Update: It’s official. Boehner now the Speaker of the House. He received 241 votes. There were 19 protest votes against Nancy Pelosi though she did receive 173 votes total.
Nancy Pelosi’s final speech from her perch as Speaker was a hyper partisan recitation of the very policies most Americans rejected in November 2010. It was an odd farewell.
For a moment wee thought it was 2012 and the Mayan predicted apocalypse came a year early. Birds dropped from the sky by the thousands. John Boehner poised today to be Speaker of the House and third in presidential succession line. The United States Constitution read in the House of Representatives. Sarah Palin possibly for the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. Barack Obama away from vacation, basketball, and the golf course! It’s the end of the world!
We don’t know if these strange events foretell doomsday. But they are strange. The suicidal birds, or murdered birds, or traumatized birds, are the easiest to explain. Either a flying saucer scared the birds out of the air, or these birds fear what is to come as Barack Obama drags us into a third year of nightmare.
Whatever the case is for the dead birds, we know that there is going to be a lot of “news” generated today. Already we have heard of one Obama thug, Robert Gibbs, headed out the door in order to defend Obama away from the supposed higher standards of official spokesman.
We’ll update as appropriate when news comes in today. Perhaps today is the day that another “jewel” in the Obama Crown Of Corruption will slither to D.C. from Chicago.
* * * * *
That “jewel” of course is Bill Daley who along with tax cheat Tom Daschle is under consideration to be Obama’s capo in the White House. John Kass who knows that ‘Rahm Emanuel is a Daley guy, not a Clinton guy’ (Bill and Hillary pushed Rahm into the basement when it was necessary and know to “keep your friends close, your enemies closer”), and that there are a lot of moving chess pieces in any political game. has some wry observations about Billy Daley:
“He’s a big-shot banker at JPMorgan Chase, and the bank is a major creditor in the Tribune Co. bankruptcy.
Once this newspaper emerges from bankruptcy, Daley’s bank will be a major stockholder. [snip]
Clearly, Bill needs another vocation, and I’m all for him running the White House. I’m almost as excited as I was a few years ago, when Obama selected another Daley machine guy, Rahm Emanuel, to become his first chief of staff.
Before the Rahmfather was tapped by Obama, there was far too much emotional oozing from the media. The media was so enraptured about Obama’s promise to “transcend the broken politics of the past,” that they forgot he was a Chicago politician. Instead, they wiggled like excited puppies and left many wet spots on the carpet.
The Emanuel appointment was the first honest indicator that the Obama White House had a new Washington address:
1600 Chicago Way. [snip]
To the Daleys, the political center is Chicago, their ancestral land.
So Billy goes out to Washington to run Barack’s government, and Rahm — the guy Billy’s been supporting for mayor — slides in to run Chicago for Billy’s brother, Mayor Richard Daley.
I asked a Chicago alderman about this when I bumped into him on Tuesday.
“I was talking to my wife about it, and we were saying, is this some kind of plan?” said the alderman. “Rahm runs the city. Billy runs the White House. I mean, really.”‘
“I mean really.” Birds of a feather and all that. No wonder there will be a crime show in February called “The Chicago Code“.
The Windy City thugs have moved to the Hot Air City with so many belching politicians. The question is how quickly the new Republican majority in the House will cast off their campaign promises and join in Obama’s corruptions. We’ll hope for the best and expect little though we do mostly agree these are wise rules for the GOP:
“1. Manage expectations.
2. Serve the people, not the press.
3. Neutralize the grievance-mongers: Confront the race card early and often.
4. Neutralize Alinsky’s avenging angels: Counter the human shield strategy early and often.
5. Don’t fall prey to Chicken Little Syndrome again. Don’t.
6. Never forget: Government does not “create jobs.” Politicians don’t create jobs. You are there to stop government from killing jobs in the name of “reform,” the “children,” “emergencies,” global warming, hope, change, etc., etc., etc.
7. Obstruction is not a dirty word.
8. Don’t be afraid to say it: Take Your Olive Branch and Shove It, Democrats.
9. Show, don’t tell: Transparency. Accountability. Integrity. When you fail, you’ll be called out. The “R” after your name doesn’t give you immunity. Ever.
10. This is your oath of office. Live it: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”’
We’ll add: fight your own party when your principles are at stake. Like miners with caged canaries in the coal mine, have a strategy to know when you have sold out – gone beyond cooperation into collusion and corruption. When you see the dead canary in your cage you’ll know something is wrong.
And Obama better be careful of some of those birds. No doubt an unholy alliance of House Republicans and Big Bird along with other Sesame Street Muppets will conspire to drag out information from Mess-iah Obama.
Watch out for the birds. Some of the birds might be agents of Zionist plots – to be extradited to Saudi Arabia.
All these dead birds are trying to tell us something.