If he goes, there will be trouble. If he stays there will be double. Should he stay or should he go?
We say “Go! – away, permanently.” It’s either Waterloo or Copenhagen, probably both.
(2) The Associated Press “fact check” on Obama’s claims: “Buyers, beware: President Barack Obama says his health care overhaul will lower premiums by double digits, but check the fine print. Premiums are likely to keep going up even if the health care bill passes, experts say.” Begorrah!
(3) The Hill count on “yes” votes does not look good for the boob. Gosh!
(4) Oh my Gosh! Dimocrats want Obama to postpone his vacation once again. They want Obama to stay in D.C. and work. This would mean, no vote by the Saturday deadline because not enough “yes” votes and too many “NO” votes.
(5) Oops! Our mistake. We forgot the Obama deadline was
August 2009, September, October, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and St. Patrick’s Day 2010 so he could sign the scam bill and then fly off in triumph to Indonesia to meet up with protesters and bow before foreign potentates. That deadline is today, and it has already been missed.
(6) Bart Stupak says he still has a dozen “NO” votes. While PINOs (Progressives In Name Only) abandon all principles to fluff Obama (yup, that’s you Kooch), the anti-abortion/pro-life Democrats can be relied on in a fight. Disagree with Stupak or not, on the issues, he’s got guts and the type of guy you want in a fight with you. The PINOs? Cowards all of them. Remember the 60 signatures on one letter, the 95 signatures on another letter – all saying they would vote “NO” unless demands were met. Demands were not met and now they are voting “Yes”. The PINOs deserve all the misery they get.
(7) Rahm Emanuel is now a hero, according to PINOs, because he ignored and slapped PINOs.
(8) Are you aware – THERE IS NO BILL – really, there is no bill yet. The Congressional Budget Office has not received it’s numbers either. (We’ll update with the CBO numbers when they are released – rumors are the numbers stink.)
(9) Obama will be interviewed tonight on Fox News. Obama tried to destroy Fox News but that has not worked out too well either. Tonight at 6:00 p.m. Bret Baier will interview Obama. Bret Baier has said the interview (already taped) was “combative”. Obama also says “I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the House or Senate.”
(10) Important – ARE YOU AWARE – If there is no health bill presented by today, there probably won’t be a vote this weekend? Cancel the stampede.
* * * * * *
We’re in a jaunty mood this St. Patrick’s Day. Perhaps it is because of this rollicking, date appropriate song, which reminds us of some fun plucky ladies:
Gosh and Begorrah!
We’ll expand and explain some of the above items – as we watch the Obama decision making “mind” at work. It took Obama months to decide on a dog, he still has not decided on a place of worship, if any. Now he has the monumental task of deciding on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N.
“Several House members interviewed by POLITICO said Obama’s looming trip to Australia, Indonesia and Guam, while creating a natural deadline for 11th-hour health care talks, is once again becoming a problem as he tries to sell reluctant members of his own party on the reform legislation.
Last week, the president pushed back his planned Friday departure three days after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats groused he was leaving at a critical time.
“For the first time in eight months, the president is finally getting his hands dirty, and now he’s going to hop on the plane? Please,” said a Democratic congressman, requesting anonymity.
“These deadlines are sort of silly,” the member added. “Remember the first one? March 18th? That was sort of like putting a calendar on [White House chief of staff] Rahm’s [Emanuel’s] back and inviting members to throw darts at him.”
Another Democrat told POLITICO bluntly, “This trip is really getting in the way of things.”
House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) now suggests the final vote on the final health care package could take longer than anticipated – perhaps dragging out past Easter Sunday, April 4.
“The chances are good” the bill would get an up-or-down vote before Easter, “but I wouldn’t bet on it,” Clyburn told McClatchy newspapers.
Obama does not understand premiums. Premiums are going up says Associated Press. Obama does not know what 3,000 percent means – he now says he meant $3,000 – but the AP trashes that nonsense as well.
So much for the attempt to stampede the congressional cattle into a “yes” pen. Now the congressional Dimocrats want to pen Obama in on the disaster. We knew the votes were not there and that it was all a bluff.
“If the bill is so unpopular that it must be passed long before Election Day, could there be a problem with the legislation?
If health-care reform as proposed were so good for the nation, why wouldn’t legislators prefer to run on rather than away from that record? If you can’t run on the strength of the laws you pass, then either you shouldn’t be running or you shouldn’t be passing.”
Dennis Kucinich, after lambasting the Obama health scam, vowing to vote “NO”, now says he will vote “yes”. Unreliable PINO with zero credibility. Bart Stupak fights for his beliefs which is more than congressional PINOs will ever do. Congressional PINOs are cowards and sloths. Stupak fights (we might disagree with him, but the congressional PINOs (and their Big Blog boy affiliates) sold out on the abortion issue earlier and they no longer have credibility on this issue or any issue):
“Democratic Rep. Bart Stupak is still telling reporters he has a dozen pro-life Democrats who will vote against the bill if it doesn’t include the House-passed restrictions on abortion. When it was pointed out that there have already been some defections from his group, he said he picked up commitments from others.
The numbers are important because Democratic leaders need pro-life Democrats to support the bill in order to pass it.”
Nancy Pelousy called a meeting of Dimocratic Congressional women. We’re sure it was to plan more hypocritical publicity stunts to talk about how they support women and abortion rights, but when the time came to fight, they acted just like the men – Cowards All. These PINO women and the PINO men are rightly mocked by Republicans and conservatives. Blast it, we’ll mock them too. Cowards.
Mark Knoller, the record keeper at CBS notes “the National Debt has increased over $2 trillion since President Obama took office.” Obama racked up the $2 trillion debt in 421 days – it took George W. Bush four years to rack up $4.9 trillion.
The Obama health scam vote counts are fairly consistent. It’s close. CNN says “NO” votes are 11 shy of killing the health scam. Five more opponents from the Dimocrat side popped up today.
“A story from Congressional Quarterly reports:..
“Rank-and-file Democrats did not talk about the details, but said that the CBO scores [of the House reconciliation bill] had come up short. ‘They were less than expected’ in terms of deficit reduction, said Rep. Gene Green, D-Texas, who plans to vote for the bill.”…
There are several things that Democrats are up against when it comes to the CBO score. The most important is that, based on reconciliation instructions, the “fix” bill must be shown to reduce the deficit by at least $1 billion. The challenge is, that’s after assuming that the Senate bill is law. In other words, the reconciliation bill can’t claim any of the deficit reduction from the Senate bill, but rather it must reduce the deficit relative to the Senate bill. Yet the changes that are being talked about will cost a lot of money. This includes eliminating the “Cornhusker kickback” and offering enhanced Medicaid subsidies to all states, increasing subsidies for the purchase of insurance, eliminating the so-called “donut hole” on Medicare prescription drug benefits, and whatever else they put in the bill. At the same time, delaying until 2018 the enactment of the “Cadillac tax” would be scored as a reduction in revenue, and thus add further to the deficit. They’d have to make up the gap through tax increases as well as try to siphon “savings” away from the student loan bill. (More on that here.) But evidently it seems like they’re running into trouble on this front.“
The most important for last. Today is a very important deadline day, and, they still don’t have the votes:
“On timing, Clyburn said in an interview with McClatchy Newspapers over the weekend that the vote could slide past Easter Sunday — April 4 — while others said they believe the package can clear the chamber late this week. [snip]
Democratic leaders who are furiously whipping votes behind the scenes also faced headwinds because they have not yet gotten the blessing of the Congressional Budget Office nor released the text of the reconciliation bill. That delay appeared to push a vote to Saturday at the earliest because House leaders want to give Members at least 72 hours to read the bill.
If the package isn’t unveiled Wednesday, Democrats would not be able to keep the 72-hour rule and vote before President Barack Obama is scheduled to leave for his trip to Indonesia and Australia. Obama has already pushed back his trip three days to try to accommodate the House vote; he is set to depart Sunday.“
That’s right – No bill, No text, No CBO, No votes, No vacation, No Hope, No change. Just talk. And vacations.