A funny thing happened to the latest attack on Bill and Hillary Clinton. Big Media Obama fluffers are aware that damage is being done to Obama enabler and fake “neutral” Harry Reid. So now the scheme is to distract attention to the fake non-quotes being peddled as quotes in the new Halperin book which cast Bill and Hillary Clinton in a bad light.
Over at Politico, Obama fluff master Ben Smith wrote a long and thin hit on Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton. The totality of the piece was encapsulated in the headline: “Game over: The Clintons stand alone”. The premise of the story is that the attacks on Bill and Hillary Clinton in the gossip tome have not been refuted by the Clinton “machine”. It does not occur to Smith that the best strategy for Bill and Hillary Clinton at this point is to let Harry get the attention. Then a funny thing happened. The comments section of the article proved Bill and Hillary are not alone. The majority of the comments were like these:
1. In the words of Hillary, “the Clintons never forget”. They are not done with 0bama. Think dish best served cold.
2. You wish Ben. Smarter people than you have presumed to write the Clintons obituary many Many times before only to later have to eat crow. Clinton Derangement Syndrome afflicts media whores similar to the way street walkers are afflicted by innumerable STD’s. You actually think that an embroiderer like Halperin is going to get the upper hand on Bill or Hillary? LOL. Keep dreaming haters.
3. This piece is really pathetic. Do you bother to do ANY research, or do you just recycle gossip and phone it in? Seriously. Your thesis is ridiculous. The Clintons are not bothering to acknowledge this piece of Enquirer garbage, because that’s exactly what it is. Anonymous sources and “paraphrased quotes.” This particular statement proves my point: “And she continued to believe — without evidence, and long after her concession — that he had, in effect, stolen the Iowa caucuses by importing out-of-state voters.” If you had done any research at all, as others of us did, you would know that over 1,000 reports of caucus fraud in Texas alone were filed. There was documented evidence of caucus fraud in every state. Look at the incongruent results in states where both a caucus and a primary were held–not even close. The caucus states favored Obama beyond any mathematical probability–and there were thousands of reports of stolen packets, intimidation, and vote misfilings. To call Halperin “the high priest of establishment political journalism” only shows how very low journalism’s standards are fallen. The Clintons are correct to not dignify this garbage with a response. p.s. No report here about the “nasty tactics” of the Obama campaign, using race to smear opponents, running vicious ads on radio and with flyers to avoid MSM detection, and manipulating the votes in MI & FL. Yuck. I’m boycotting you like the rest of the mainstream yellow journalists.
4. Great piece Ben! Plouffe, Axelrod and the Boss really love it and yes of course you’re invited to dinner at the White House tomorrow. But Axelrod is still panicky about 2012 and does’nt think 4th hand gossip is enough to sink the Clintons …goodness knows the republicans tried it for years and still could’nt derail them. We’re wondering if maybe you could photoshop some image of Bill in KKK garb and maybe Hillary in a Nazi dominatrix outfit? But it has to look believable. Thanks again Ben. See you tomorrow night.
5. Lol. Pure wishful thinking from your part, Ben. The Clintons’s camp is not dignifying this sleazy, tacky and trashy book with a reply because silence is golden in this case. The book is nothing but a compendium of anonymous gossips written to entertain the hacks and gossip mongers that pass them selves for “journalists” and pundits in the nation capital also known as Versailles on the Potomac. No member of the Clintons’ inner circle will touch this with a pole.
6. The Clintons were out gunned. They were thrown under the bus by the movers and the shakers in the party. The establishment wanted fresh meat. Can you imagine the mudslinging that went on behind the scenes during the campaigns? There is no love lost between the Clintons and the Obama’s. Hillary was removed from the Senate, so she would not be a problem for Obama and put in a position where she has no power anymore. She is almost non existence these days. However, I would not say put a fork in them just yet, as Obama is turning out to be a disaster for the Democrats. The Clintons are survivors and have many tricks up their sleeves and if Obama keeps slipping in the polls, look for Hillary to come out of the woodwork strutting her stuff again.
7. We are out here Ben, but the HARRY REID ‘high color negro’ remark has drowned out any static for our Clintons so they DO NOT NEED US You have hit a new low Ben, throwing the Clintons unda da bus on the headline to save Reid’s racist old axx? and we all know Patti Solis Doyle was an inside plant and Big Dawg was absolutely correct and they bussed in peeps to Iowa, but anywho our Hillary is doing GREAT, in the POLLS, and on the WORLD STAGE while your narcissist in chief is floundering (hilarious Dadchle calls Bill a narcissist, and then embraced Obama, HA!) SO glad HRC is OUT of the Senate the BOYS CLUB I notice no brouhaha over Chuckie Schumer saying hit HRC with a 2×4, cuz raaaacism is the end of da world, unless it is one of their guys doing it, but brutaility against women is fine in America right Ben? unreal, we will all be waiting if HRC decides to run again, she still has a great career, everyday she is proven right about Obama, the economy is falling off a cliff, Big dawg is just fine working for the Foundation and his numbers are back at 65% with the American people no amount of spin will save Reid, he is going down in November and so are the rest of this HE MAN WIMMUN HATIN club they have there in the Senate
8. Even as an “ObamaBot”, I can endorse the prediction resulting from this book that, if Obama chooses to run for reelection, he will dump Biden and take on Hillary as his running mate. And she might just break that final glass ceiling.
9. LOL. This is getting so predictable. As soon as Hillary has momentum (Gallup polls show she’s got the highest approval rating of ANY politician in the US) the Clinton haters launch their assaults. There seem to be some people who are terrified of Hillary’s recent and increasing popularity. Gee, whoever could that be? I would’nt be surprised if Ted Kennedy said this about President Bill Clinton. Ted had a habit of playing fast and loose with facts …Mary Jo Kopechne anyone? Everyone knows Ted has always considered the Democratic Party his family’s own fiefdom and he would be damned if two Clintons made it to the White House and only one Kennedy. All of this 3rd hand gossip has Axelrod’s imprimatur all over it. Like during the primaries when he tried to somehow blame Hillary for Benazir Bhutto’s assassination. Of course Clinton insiders are’nt going to dignify Halperin’s tabloid style book. Halperin is a known hack who glorified Rove and Bush while belittling Gore and Kerry in “The Way to Win”. And he’s a revolting sexist to boot. Here’s a story of a truly vile photoshopped photo of Sen. Landrieu that this so called “journalist” created. http://crooksandliars.com/logan-murphy/mark-halperins-photopshop-flop-senato
10. the vast right-wing conspiracy may have been a vast progressive conspiracy all along
11. What a bunch of crap this thing is. I from now on will boycott any ‘news’ source who continues to give this ******** book of lies any more press. And YES there was rampant caucus fraud in every single caucus state starting with Iowa. It is extensively documented and scientifically proven. I urge anyone to google Lynette Long who has a website on the matter. Hillary Clinton won the Texas primary by 3 points and ‘lost’ the caucus by 12 points – that is a statistical IMPOSSIBILITY. There were thousands of complaints, live video footage, research made in TX along with countless precinct chairs, officials and state politicians who reported on the discrepancies in the caucuses caused by the Obama campaign.
12. Yeah, because anonymous sources are so trustworthy. I frankly don’t believe any of it. It’s the same old bs. And, btw, no one suggested Barack Obama was a drug dealer. They said he was a user, which was irrelevant but true.
13. Hillary never said or tried to paint Obama as a drug dealer. Obama’s college classmate started to crash early rallies in 07 and say Obama was his dealer in college. Start doing dome fact checking before you start publishing an article with nothing but D.C. hearsay to back up these crazy claims.
14. What a load of crap this article. Someone said this, someone said that… Listen up, Hill is a fighter, and a damn very good one. Obama is such a bore and a disaster, just like Carter. Keep dreaming, Ben.
15. “This time, Bill and Hillary Clinton are virtually alone.” Ben where have you been? The Clinton followers will up in 2010 elections and all these old Dems are done. Where is Chris Dodd? Don;t make a mistake and count a Clinton out!
There are many more comments which address the issue of whether Bill and Hillary stand alone. They don’t. Obama is fluffed by Big Media and no effort, or desire, to investigate, vet, or challenge the bogus Obama myth is made. As another commenter wrote,
A world of villains with only one perfect Messiah: Obama! And as soon as Reid (like Biden) came out as racist, someone tries to point at the moving object in the other direction: how can we not hate the Clintons for the reason du jour? I mean, even Sharpton is pleased with the “Negro dialect” but offended by the common senate tradition where junior senators fetched the coffee for the older ones. Nope. The Clintons will never be alone. Their policies brought peace and prosperity to millions. We do remember. Nice try though.
And we do remember. Another commenter notes how utterly phoney the entire exercise of fluffing Obama is:
This article says the ONLY pol coming to Hillary’s defense is Obama? Amazing! That man is super-human! He is so far above the rest of us it’s just unreal. What is so strange, though, is Obama’s poll numbers are down. Weird, don’t these pollsters know how awesome Obama is?
Many, many more comments express the thoughts of Hillary supporters which puts to the lie the “alone” narrative.
Smith claims the Clinton “inner circle” is silent because “The book’s primary sources about the former candidate and current secretary of state are her own former staffers and intimates.” The fake claim is also made that Hillary was “a rudderless candidate and a cheerleader for vicious tactics against eventual winner Barack Obama.” Really? Anyone who saw Hillary in speeches or for months when she was counted out, by the very same Big Media writers and treacherous liars who pretended to be her friends and supporters or “neutrals”, knows the falseness of the charges.
“Vicious tactics”? In most campaigns it is journalists who would investigate claims made by a candidate. Not so in 2008. Big Media protected their stooge Barack Obama. Obama was indeed an admitted drug user but no “journalists” ever wrote about that. We still don’t know most of Obama’s life story. Back in 2007 we wrote about the “freezing tenants” Obama was supposed to represent but instead sided with their slumlord Antoin “Tony” Rezko. Save for one ignored article in the British press no “journalist” interviewed the tenants in those buildings.
“Vicious tactics”? Obama listened to tapes of Jeremiah Wright when we was in college and spent 20 years in Wright’s “church” but claimed never to know Wright’s views. Instead of answering the charges, Obama gave a speech on “race relations” which brought tears to “journalists” eyes and “tingles up the leg” of TV “personalities”. The post-racial Obama we now know attacked the Cambridge police and allowed “racist” charges to be flung for political benefit. Obama sounds like the Wright he claimed never to have heard – yet pointing out the facts about this candidate for high office, is viewed as “vicious” by Big Media and the perpetrator is not questioned.
Hillary Clinton is branded as somehow paranoid yet the very “facts” presented in the book, if believed, demonstrate that indeed the suspicions were more than justified.
The book reported that many of Clinton’s Senate colleagues — including some who nominally supported her, such as New York Sen. Chuck Schumer — were secretly offering aid to Obama all along.
It appears the “facts” in the book are on the side of Bill and Hillary Clinton.
According to James Carville, who we are supposed to presume does not exist because he seems to be defending Bill and Hillary Clinton, the vast army of sources amounts mostly to one person:
If everyone talked, it was one aide in particular whose firing breached the Clinton’s innermost circle: Patti Solis Doyle, a former East Wing scheduler who was fired as Clinton’s campaign manager early in 2008. Clinton’s circle blames Doyle for many of the book’s most embarrassing revelations.
“She’s a likely suspect” for “80 percent” of the book’s content, said the consultant James Carville. (Solis Doyle responded to the charge in an e-mail that she hadn’t read the book and was in the midst of a family matter.)
The staffers and politicians who served as the anonymous sources for “Game Change” reveal a deeply unflattering image through the eyes of the people who should admire Hillary Clinton most. After Clinton reportedly offered Obama the tersest of congratulations on his victory in Iowa, for instance, one of her “senior-most lieutenants” is described watching “her bitter and befuddled reaction, her staggering lack of calm or command.”
The staffer told the authors of his or her private conclusion: “This woman shouldn’t be president.”
We should all be “bitter and befuddled” if the many stories, by Iowa journalists including the most respected one of all (David Yepsen), concluded that there were plans afoot to bus in Obama supporters from Chicago to vote in the caucuses. Hillary provides “the tersest of congratulations” after Iowa, according to the book, but Obama after several primary losses did not even bother to congratulate Hillary or even speak to his volunteers. But that is not considered “bitter” because Obama is not a woman. As has been noted, the women in the book are described in crazed terms but the men (except Bill Clinton) are given a pass for their emotional states.
Smith also says that the book “systematically hacks away the attributes she spent a decade acquiring in the public eye: humanity, humility, competence.” But the public record, the Hillary everyone saw, including the supposed emotional breakdown in New Hampshire when she “became human”, in the words of “journalists”, speaks to Hillary’s humanity, humility, competence and quality.
Sidney Blumenthal, is depicted as buying into “the darkest anti-Obama rumors”. Hillary needed more Sidney’s not less. If there is a criticism to be made of the Hillary campaign it is that Obama was not confronted more vigorously and more brutally. But Hillary could not do that because some of the elected officials who were supposedly on her side were secretly helping Obama and protested anytime the truth about Obama was told by the campaign.
As we have written previously, Hillary Clinton lacks the advantage Sarah Palin has in that Sarah Palin has Fox News on her side. Palin can afford to take on Big Media and cadavers like David Letterman because she has Fox News to rely on. Hillary in that sense stood alone – battling Big Media and Big Media “personalities”. Hillary supporters should be encouraged that Hillary understood what was actually happening behind the scenes:
“I am convinced they also imported people into those caucuses,” she reportedly told Penn a month after her concession. In that conversation, which the authors appear to have obtained from a tape-recording or transcript, she reporteldly gave Penn a particularly self-serving assignment:
I want you to start thinking about how I avoid being blamed [for Obama’s possible defeat]”, Clinton said. “Because I shouldn’t be blamed. But they are going to blame me. I somehow didn’t do enough.”
This assignment Smith calls “self-serving” when we all know that is directly on target. We know because we experienced it. We remember how fake “neutrals” like Donna Brazile demanded that Hillary get out of the race and pushed the narrative that Hillary’s continued candidacy would make Obama unelectable. This happened. Smith and the authors of the book apparently missed it because they were too busy praying at shrines to Obama.
Only at the end of his ridicule does Ben Smith admit the obvious:
But if Clinton could be mistrustful, she often had good cause, and “Game Change” leaves the Clintons isolated not only from their dishing aides but also from many prominent Democrats. Schumer reportedly slipped advice to the Obama camp. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid secretly encouraged Obama to run. Al Gore, in a secret meeting, gave Obama a nudge. The authors contend that former Sen. Tom Daschle, who became a top Obama backer, expressed real animosity toward the Clintons, with whom he had worked closely throughout the 1990s and after Hillary Clinton’s arrival in the Senate.
Daschle “considered Hillary an icy prima donna; her husband … a narcissist on an epic scale; the dynamic between the couple, bizarre; their treatment of their friends, unforgivably manipulative and disloyal,” the authors write.
Brain dead Daschle, who made a mess when he led the Senate Democrats, thinks Hillary is “a narcissist on an epic scale” and then backs Obama? This is delusion.
If Carville is correct (recall Carville was removed from CNN because he supported Hillary but Donna Brazile stayed on because she was “neutral”) 80% of the quotes came from a fired Patti Solis Doyle. We used to think well of Patti Solis Doyle. But our commenter “Mrs. Smith” (who is ill – get well Mrs. Smith) on July 4, 2009 discussed Patti Solis Doyle:
IN the interests of historical accuracy, Hillary did not know her campaign mgr Patti Solis Doyle was for all intents and purposes, a mole in her campaign, a mole for Obama.
Solis Doyle’s brother was actively working for Obama at his Chicago headquarters. There isn;t a doubt in my mind Hillary’s campaign was monitored by the Obama campaign through PSD passing campaign plans and strategies along to her brother. Which ultimately were dissected by the Axelrod team.
This is why BC exploded in a fury when he saw the inept job PSD was doing. Bill saw very few Campaign offices in Iowa considering how important Iowa was to Hillary’s image. PSD ensured there were skeletal boots on the ground, lack of offices and the existing offices basically unmanned… and afaik, seeing this, BC threatened to fire the whole crew.
Patti Solis Doyle was fired for very good reasons. We remember those reasons well because we received a lot of reports about what was going on in Iowa. What was going on and why was Patti Solis Doyle fired?
Patti Solis Doyle allegedly bred a lot of ill will inside the campaign among staffers. Many Clinton aides talked about how she had a wall erected between herself and the rest of the campaign staff in Iowa. Others who had been around for Hillary Clinton’s Senate campaign talked about how Patti Solis Doyle had shut down the campaign office for two full days in order to watch the collected DVD set of “Grey’s Anatomy.” I’m not kidding.
A journalist worth a bucket of spit would have asked why Doyle would say such ugly things and then put a large “Do not believe” sign around every story she told. But Big Media wants to protect Obama and destroy Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Was Patti Solis Doyle rewarded for her treacheries by Obama? We report, you decide:
By Lynn Sweet on June 17, 2008 9:51 AM
WASHINGTON –Chicago native Patti Solis Doyle, former Clinton campaign manager jettisoned in the final months of the primary, joins the Obama team as the chief of staff to Sen. Barack Obama’s eventual running mate, as Michelle Obama beefs up her operation with a new chief of staff. [snip]
Doyle — the sister of Ald. Danny Solis (25th) — is close to Obama chief strategist David Axelrod, and the Obama trusted inner-circle is essentially a close-knit group of people who have known one another for years.[snip]
Doyle will move to Chicago from Washington to set up and run the campaign operation for Obama’s vice presidential pick starting in July. Whoever is Obama’s running mate will have a team in place — scheduling, advance, press, policy, speechwriting, etc. — from the moment he or she is picked.
Doyle, who first started working for the Clintons in the 1992 presidential campaign — moving from Chicago’s City Hall to Arkansas — phoned Clinton to tell her about her Obama position before it was announced. Clinton congratulated her.
The scales begin to fall from the eyes of everyone but Big Media. Instead of assigning teams of researchers, like was done to the Palin book, to investigate the claims, the claims are peddled as if true. No questions of motive are asked
But Solis Doyle — who after her firing midway through the primaries is no longer on speaking terms with much of the Clinton inner circle, including the senator herself — has been tapped to serve as chief of staff to the future vice presidential running mate. Not exactly a signal that Obama is considering Hillary Clinton for the job. [snip]
“Why would they put somebody that was so clearly ineffective in such a position? It’s a message. We get it.” She said it was a “calculated decision” by the Obama team to “send a message that she [Clinton] is not being considered for the ticket.”
Other Clinton insiders also seethed. “Who can blame Obama for rewarding Patti? He would never be the nominee without her,” one person who has worked for both Clintons and remains close to them said. The sentiment reflected what another person in the immediate Clinton orbit described as “shock” that Obama would send such a strong signal that he is not considering Clinton as his runningmate so soon.
Although she devoted her adult life to working for Clinton, Solis Doyle left the Clinton world surrounded by a cloud of acrimony, blamed by some close Clinton loyalists — and reportedly Clinton herself — for failing to keep the campaign in order heading into Iowa. After being yanked from her role, Solis Doyle had said she would travel with the campaign and remain on as an adviser, but Clinton effectively cut her off and she was not seen on the road again.
It was a payoff obvious to all except Big Media.
As we wrote yesterday, it is time for Bill and Hillary Clinton (and Hillary Clinton supporters) to evaluate what actually happened in 2007/2008/2009. History is a teacher. Bill and Hillary Clinton also need to evaluate, with cold-blooded logic, their allegiance to the Democratic Party which is now the Obamination Dimocratic Party. As we build a strong online presence of many Hillary support websites, Big Media weakens and loses its power due to financial bloodletting and loss of credibility, and the Dimocratic Party too after November will be greatly weakened – it’s time to consider alternatives.
A lot of people were believed and possibly trusted that should not have been trusted.
[We’ll continue tomorrow with Part III, and discuss Halperin and the rest of the Freak Show. We did not discuss those topics today in order to respond to the Ben Smith garbage.]