It’s not Santa Claus coming to town. It’s Barack Obama and the Chicago Culture of Corruption setting up shop – a future newer and bigger corruption mill in Washington, D.C. The “Change” is new and improved and expanded CORRUPTION.
Let’s examine what today’s corruption eruption in Chicago means. We will dig into our archives to explain today’s developments.
First however, we hope that David Patterson, the Governor of New York keeps himself free of corrupt Obama influence when deciding on who he will appoint as New York Senator to replace the irreplaceable Hillary Clinton. Patterson should steer clear of any “deals” to appoint Caroline Kennedy that come with tainted promises and ensnarement in the Chicago corruption coils.
As we dig through our extensive, first-to-blog-about-Rezko archives on Obama/Rezko and Chicago corruption there are several major points which our readers should be aware of:
- This is NOT THE BIG ONE. The complaint filed against Obama pal Governor Rod Blagojevich is a situation forced on Prosecutor Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald acted in an emergency manner to stop the Obama Senate seat from going to another corrupt Dimocrat. “We were in the middle of a corruption crime spree and we wanted to stop it.” said Fitzgerald.
- Corrupt Illinois Governor Blagojevich, as a candidate in 2003, ran on a platform of reform and change and that he would clean up the corruption of Republican Governor George Ryan. Ryan is currently serving a 6 year prison term due to raketeering and fraud. Now the evidence of corruption by Governor Blagojevich continues to mount. Like Obama, Governor Blagojevich spouted many flowery words about “reform” but the corrupt acts came stinking forth once in office.
- During the past year and a half every time we documented the latest instances of Chicago corruption the Hopium addicts would note that Governor Blagojevich and Barack Obama were not implicated in any way in the corruption. News accounts of Chicago corruption indeed would make specific mention of the fact that Governor Blagojevich and Barack Obama were not implicated in the corruption. Our analysis was fair and we made specfic mention of the disclaimers but we also would note how valueless those disclaimers were. We were and are correct.
- Obama says he had no contact with Blagojevich regarding his senate seat. “I had no contact with the governor or his office and so I was not aware of what was happening, ” Obama told reporters today in Chicago. “It’s a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that, I don’t think it’s appropriate to comment.”
But the top of Ali-Bama’s Forty Thieves says Obama did speak with Blagojevich about the job. But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different. While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a “kingmaker,” Axelrod said, “I know he’s talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them.”
- Rezko, Rezko, Rezko. Obama slumlord friend and bagman Antoin “Tony” Rezko is in this up to his neck. In today’s complaint the allegation is made that Blagojevich conspired with Rezko and Stuart Levine to obtain financial benefits for Blagojevich and his campaign committee.
- If Rezko wants to avoid a very very long prison sentence Rezko needs to “flip” on someone that Fitzgerald needs evidence on for a conviction. Clearly today’s developments destroy Blagojevich and Fitzgerald does not need further evidence to do Blogojevich in. As we wrote a while back, if Rezko wants to avoid jail, Obama is his “get out of jail free” card. Rezko must flip on Obama to get out of jail. We have documented that the prosecutor is looking into the Obama/Rezko house deal, which stinks.
- When we stated immediately above that Obama is Rezko’s “get out of jail free” card we do not mean by getting a pardon from Obama. We mean that Fitzgerald and Rezko have to keep the calendar in mind. Fitzgerald acted against Blagojevich in an emergency fashion today before full indictments are ready and ripe. Fitzgerald will likely act further and hopefully soon. Rezko too needs to cooperate fully well before the inauguration in January. What does Tony Rezko know and when will he say it?
- Patrick Fitzgerald must be reappointed as federal prosecutor and not fired. PINO Big Blogs and Dimocrats (along with us) praised Fitzgerald when he was chasing George W. corruption. Fitzgerald has hunted down Republicans and Democrats. Fitzgerald might be the next Archibald Cox or the next Leon Jaworski. Keep hunting Pat.
* * *
The news accounts of today’s developments:
Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich wanted President-elect Barack Obama “to put something together&something big” in exchange for going along with Obama’s choice to fill his vacant U.S. Senate seat, according to a FBI affidavit unsealed following the governor’s stunning arrest.
“I’ve got this thing and it’s f***ing golden, and, uh, uh, I’m just not giving it up for f***in’ nothing. I’m not gonna do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me there,” Blagojevich said in a phone call secretly recorded by the FBI on Nov. 5, the day after the election, according to the affidavit.
“It is conduct that would make Lincoln roll over in his grave,” said U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald in announcing the charges today in Chicago.
He said the governor’s efforts to “sell” the Senate seat was the “most sinister and appalling” of a range of alleged corrupt acts detailed in today’s case.
Fitzgerald said “there’s no reference in the complaint to any conversations involving the president-elect or indicating that the president-elect was aware of it, and that’s all I can say.” His comment did not close the door on the possibility that Obama or someone on his staff may have known of some aspect of the governor’s demands.
Lincoln is all spun out in his grave what with all the Lincoln and Obama comparisons made by know nothings.
ABC News also reports that Blagojevich wanted Obama himself to provide appointments to the presidential cabinet in typical Chicago corruption fashion:
The FBI says Blagojevich wanted an appointment to the Obama cabinet as Secretary of Health and Human Services, a well-paying job, or huge campaign contributions as the price for naming Obama’s successor. [snip]
Blagojevich also sought a high paying job for his wife, according to the FBI. “Is there a play here, with these guys, with her” to work for a firm in Washington or New York, he reportedly asked.
The FBI affidavit said Blagojevich had been told by an adviser “the president-elect can get Rod Blagojevich’s wife on paid corporate boards in exchange for naming the president-elect’s pick to the Senate.”
Told by two other advisers he has to “suck it up” for two years, the FBI says it heard Blagojevich complain he has to give this “motherf***er [the president-elect] his senator. F*** him. For nothing? F*** him.”
The governor is heard saying he will pick another candidate “before I just give f***ing [Senate Candidate l] a f***ing Senate seat and I don’t get anything.”
According to the affidavit, one candidate for the senate seat, identified as Senate Candidate 5, promised to “raise money” for Blagojevich. The governor described, in a recorded call, an earlier approach by an associate of Senate Candidate 5.
“We were approached ‘pay to play.’ That, you know he’d raise me 500 grand. An emissary came. Then the other guy would raise a million, if I made him (Senate Candidate 5) a Senator,” Blagojevich was quoted as saying.
Buying public office is corruption pure and simple. That’s what Obama slumlord friend and bagman Rezko is in prison for. Who is “Candidate 5?” What did Obama know and when did he know it?
[More than a hint: several accounts, including the Smoking Gun say “Candidate 5” is Obama crony and “godfather” Emil Jones, the president of the Illinois State Senate elected from the 14th District. On December 6 Fox News reported that Emil Jones was the likely Obama replacement. Some accounts think “Candidate 5” is Jesse Jackson, Jr.]
Obama of Chicago, Illinois. “If Illinois isn’t the most corrupt state in the United States, it sure is one hell of the competitors,” said the head of the FBI’s Chicago office, Robert Grant.
Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff, John Harris, were arrested by FBI agents on federal corruption charges Tuesday morning. [snip]
In one charge related to the appointment of a senator to replace Barack Obama, prosecutors allege that Blagojevich sought appointment for himself as secretary of Health and Human Services in the new Obama administration, or a lucrative job with a union, in exchange for appointing a union-preferred candidate.
What union? Who did Blagojevich speak with? Ali-Bama or one of his Forty Thieves? [More than a hint: Marc Ambinder says the union and official is likely Andy Stern of the SEIU.]
The Tribune also notes the Chicago way (the Obama way) of punishing newspapers that tell the truth.
Another charge alleges Blagojevich and Harris conspired to demand the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members responsible for editorials critical of him in exchange for state help with the sale of Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs baseball stadium owned by Tribune Co.
Blagojevich and Harris, along with others, obtained and sought to gain financial benefits for the governor, members of his family and his campaign fund in exchange for appointments to state boards and commissions, state jobs and state contracts, according to the charges.
“The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering,” U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said in a statement.
“They allege that Blagojevich put a ‘for sale’ sign on the naming of a United States senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an effort to trample editorial voices of criticism.”
The pay-to-play schemes sound identical to the charges Antoin “Tony” Rezko was convicted on.
Attached to the U.S. District Court complaint is an FBI affidavit, excerpted below, alleging that Blagojevich was caught on wiretaps noting that the Senate seat “is a fucking valuable thing, you just don’t give it away for nothing.” He was also recorded saying that unless “I get something real good,” he would appoint himself to the vacancy. “I’m going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I’m saying. And if I don’t get what I want and I’m not satisfied with it, then I’ll just take the Senate seat myself.” According to surreptitiously recorded conversations, Blagojevich spoke with associates about the possibility of trading the Senate post for either an ambassadorship or a Cabinet post. [snip]
During a wiretapped November 10 call, a frustrated and financially strapped Blagojevich referred to Obama as a “motherfucker” and said that he would not appoint an ally of the President-elect to the Senate vacancy if “I don’t get anything.” Referring to Obama, Blagojevich exclaimed, “Fuck him. For nothing? Fuck him.” In a November 11 conversation, Blagojevich remarked that he knew Obama wanted Valerie Jarrett, a longtime confidante, to succeed him, “but they’re not willing to give me anything except appreciation. Fuck them.”
Get ready – the above quotes will be used to distance Obama from Blagojevich by Hopium addicts. To us it sounds like a falling out among thieves. The questions that must be answered by Ali-Bama and his Forty Thieves is what was offered by whom to whom? Also if Blogojevich made unethical or illegal requests to Ali-Bama and his Forty Thieves did Obama or his cronies report the overtures to federal prosecutors?
Barack Obama got earmarks for the hospital Michelle Obama worked for. The hospital then gave Michelle Obama a huge raise in pay and title. The very definition of conflict of interest. That is the Chicago way. Blagojevich has a wife too:
A 76-page FBI affidavit said the 51-year-old Democratic governor was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.[snip]
It said Blagojevich also talked about getting his wife placed on corporate boards where she might get $150,000 a year in director’s fees. [snip]
The affidavit said Blagojevich expressed frustration at being “stuck” as governor and that he would have access to greater resources if he were indicted while in the U.S. Senate than while sitting as governor.
Outright bribe from Candidate 5:
On Dec. 4, Blagojevich allegedly told an advisor that he might “get some (money) up front, maybe” from Senate Candidate 5, if he named Senate Candidate 5 to the Senate seat, to insure that Senate Candidate 5 kept a promise about raising money for Blagojevich if he ran for re-election.
In a recorded conversation on Oct. 31, Blagojevich claimed he was approached by an associate of Senate Candidate 5 as follows: “We were approached to ‘pay to play.’ That, you know, he’d raise 500 grand. An emissary came. Then the other guy would raise a million, if I made him (Senate Candidate 5) a Senator.” [snip]
On Oct. 21, the government obtained a court order authorizing the interception of conversations in both a personal office and a conference room used by Blagojevich at the offices of Friends of Blagojevich. The FBI began intercepting conversations in those rooms on the morning of Oct. 22.[snip]
On Nov. 10, Blagojevich, his wife, Harris, Governor General Counsel, Advisor B and other Washington-based advisors participated at different times in a two-hour phone call in which they allegedly discussed, among other things, a deal involving the SEIU.
Harris allegedly said they could work out a deal with the union and the President-elect where SEIU could help the President-elect with Blagojevich’s appointment of Senate Candidate 1, while Blagojevich would obtain a position as the national director of the Change to Win campaign and SEIU would get something favorable from the President-elect in the future. [snip]
During the Nov. 12 conversation, Blagojevich allegedly explained the non-profit organization idea to SEIU Official and said that it could help Senate Candidate 1. The union official agreed to “put that flag up and see where it goes,” although the official also had said he wasn’t certain if Senate Candidate 1 wanted the official to keep pushing her candidacy. Senate Candidate 1 eventually removed herself from consideration for the open seat.
The Democrats and Big Blogs celebrated, as did we, when Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald went after the corrupt Bush government. At the time the pending indictment of George W. cronies was called “Fitzmas”. No doubt the PINO Big Blogs and Dimocrats will now celebrate with us as Prosecutor Fitzgerald chases the Chicago Culture Of Corruption.
Merry Fitzmas! everybody.