The Mess-iah Complex

The Obama worship crowd is also upset with us because we recently wrote Obama, who strategically employed “change”, is the third Bush term – just as inexperienced, only more grandiose and with even more messianic delusions.

After the 2000 race Karl Rove and the Bush W. crowd, fresh from their Florida disenfranchisement success, also made proclamations of celestial choirs and realignment. All that silly talk about William McKinley and Mark Hanna and the thousand year Reich amounted to nothing.

The B.O. crowd is spouting the same nonsense. The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers, a.k.a. The B.O. Vero Pompous Administration is selling the same Bush W. B.S.

B.O. = B.S.

At the risk of further angering the Church of B.O. (many of the most rabid members of the Church of B.O. ironically met on the internet to organize against the Church of Scientology) we’ll present some facts to answer the B.O. (Blowout Obama) question.

Obama worshipping New York Times on the question: Was It A Blowout?:

One of the many ways the election of Barack Obama differed from recent presidential elections was that in the end, it did not all come down to one state. [snip]

So how does Mr. Obama’s 364, which could go as high as 376, measure up?

It’s a normal win,” said John C. Fortier, a research fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, who edited “After the People Vote: A Guide to the Electoral College.” Mr. Fortier called it a respectable, solid mandate.

It was not a blowout and not a really close election,” he said. “We got a little bit used to these close elections. Until 2005, we were legitimately talking about a 50-50 nation, where everything was close.” [snip]

For a real blowout, think of the 523 electoral votes that President Franklin D. Roosevelt won in 1936, when he ran against Alf Landon, who won eight. Or more recently the 525 electoral votes President Ronald Reagan won in 1984, when Walter F. Mondale won only 13. Or the 520 President Richard M. Nixon won in 1972 against George McGovern, who won 17. Those were the widest electoral vote margins.[snip]

Mr. Obama’s victory was more along the lines of Bill Clinton’s in 1992, when he won 370 electoral votes to the first President George Bush’s 168.

“But, But, But…. what about that great turnout, that amazing turnout” asks the Church of B.O.? Nope, not even:

WASHINGTON (CNN) – A new report from American University’s Center for the Study of the American Electorate concludes that voter turnout in Tuesday’s election was the same in percentage terms as it was four years ago — or at most has risen by less than 1 percent.

Click here to read the entire report.

The report released Thursday estimates that between 126.5 and 128.5 million Americans cast ballots in the presidential election earlier this week. Those figures represent 60.7 percent or, at most, 61.7 percent of those eligible to vote in the country.

“A downturn in the number and percentage of Republican voters going to the polls seemed to be the primary explanation for the lower than predicted turnout,” the report said. Compared to 2004, Republican turnout declined by 1.3 percentage points to 28.7 percent, while Democratic turnout increased by 2.6 points from 28.7 percent in 2004 to 31.3 percent in 2008.

Many people were fooled (including this student of politics although less so than many others) by this year’s increase in registration (more than 10 million added to the rolls), citizens’ willingness to stand for hours even in inclement weather to vote early, the likely rise in youth and African American voting, and the extensive grassroots organizing network of the Obama campaign into believing that turnout would be substantially higher than in 2004,” Curtis Gans, the center’s director, said in the report. “But we failed to realize that the registration increase was driven by Democratic and independent registration and that the long lines at the polls were mostly populated by Democrats.”

Some experts also note that national turnout trends may mask higher turnout in swing states with more intensive attempts by both campaigns to get their supporters to the polls. Several large states, including California and New York, had no statewide races and virtually no advertising or get-out-the-vote efforts by either presidential campaign.

According to the report, several Southern states — North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Virginia, and Mississippi — and the District of Columbia saw the greatest increases in voter turnout.

Overall turnout was highest in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Michigan, South Dakota and North Carolina, according to the report.

In 2004, 122 million Americans voted in the general election.

In 2000 we did not believe the Bush W. hype. In 2008 we don’t believe the B.O. – B.S.

136 thoughts on “The Mess-iah Complex

1. Admin,

Do you get emails from rabid bots about us not falling in line?

If so, could you post a few? (for entertainment purposes only) 😉

‘The Obama worship crowd is upset with us in part because we are not accepting of their Mess-iah. We are not worshiping at the altar. No pink incense is burned in tribute.’

2. HE!! has FROZEN OVER!
    BO APOLOGIZES . . . . to Nancy Reagan.

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for ‘careless’ joke

President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan this afternoon to apologize for a joke about her having heald “séances” in the White House, an Obama aide said.

“President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan today to apologize for the careless and off handed remark he made during today’s press conference,” said transition spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter. “The President-elect expressed his admiration and affection for Mrs. Reagan that so many Americans share and they had a warm conversation.”

Obama was asked at his press conference today if he’d spoken to all the “living” presidents.

“I have spoken to all of them who are living,” he responded. “I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any séances.”

He was apparently confusing stories about Reagan’s consulting with an astrologer with those about other First Ladies — from Mary Todd Lincoln to Hillary Clinton — who tried to make contact with figures from the past.

3. What worries me is wtf is gonna happen when something crude, rude and stupid slips out of his mouth in conversation with a Putin or an Ahmadinjad! 👿

4. Ayers’s side

Bill Ayers writes of his “surreal” year in In These Times

He notes, with mixed emotions, that this campaign was probably the last to even attempt to refight the battles of the ’60s.

But Ayers can’t let them go.

Hitting back at McCain, he calls the Republican nominee’s bombing runs as a Navy pilot “immoral.”

Ayers writes:

The ’60s – as myth and symbol – is much abused: the downfall of civilization in one account, a time of defeat and humiliation in a second, and a perfect moment of righteous opposition, peace and love in a third.

The idea that the 2008 election may be the last time in American political life that the ’60s plays any role whatsoever is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, let’s get over the nostalgia and move on. On the other, the lessons we might have learned from the black freedom movement and from the resistance against the Vietnam War have never been learned. To achieve this would require that we face history fully and honestly, something this nation has never done.

The war in Vietnam was an illegal invasion and occupation, much of it conducted as a war of terror against the civilian population. The U.S. military killed millions of Vietnamese in air raids – like the one conducted by McCain – and entire areas of the country were designated free-fire zones, where American pilots indiscriminately dropped surplus ordinance – an immoral enterprise by any measure.

5. This ‘creature’ he’s designed isn’t necessarily a ‘real person.
    “They want Barack Obama. I’m not sure i AM Barack Obama.”

You mean there are MORE?

doodooodooodooo
    doodoodoodoo

6. just on fox

Announced today, Billy Graham and another evangelical Minister, don’t remember his name, both have counseled the presidents for many many many years….. they will no longer give council to presidents.

they are basically REFUSING to council BHO when he’s President

but also said they will pray for BHO and his ways and ” Pray for a change in his heart”

LMAO!!

7. Me thinks Obama is going to spend his whole term apologizing left and right for putting his foot in his mouth and saying the most assinine and insulting things. He seems to think it is funny to belittle others.

8. Son: Billy Graham’s work with presidents is ending

ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hDqdbR7yEX1ua_ck_SuSCaHRFsIAD94A8L880
    By MIKE BAKER – 5 hours ago

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Billy Graham’s work as a pastor to presidents is coming to an end, but he is praying for Barack Obama as the nation’s next leader begins his work, Graham’s son said Friday on the ailing evangelist’s 90th birthday.

Franklin Graham said in an interview that his father’s mind remains sharp even as his body continues to fail. But the preacher who has counseled every president beginning with Eisenhower is not in line to mentor Obama.

“My father feels like his time and day for that is over,” Franklin Graham said. “But he would certainly like to meet (Obama) and pray with him.”

Graham’s views of the world are still respected in White House circles. Republican presidential candidate John McCain visited Graham at his mountainside home during the campaign, and Obama tried to meet Graham but wasn’t able to do so because of the preacher’s poor health.

Though never partisan in his preaching, Billy Graham is a registered Democrat. His son expressed concern about Obama’s views on abortion and gay marriage — an issue Franklin Graham raised in a meeting with the Illinois senator — saying that he and is father are conservatives who believe the Bible speaks clearly on those issues.

“President-elect Obama heard our position,” Franklin Graham said. “And I told him that this was very difficult for us and hard for us. It’s a moral issue that we just can’t back down on.”

“But he’s our president-elect, and those positions that he holds that are contrary to Biblical teaching, I hope that God will change his heart,” said Graham, who now heads the Charlotte-based Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

9. Emjay Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 5:44 pm
    IllinoisUnderground

Lady Lynn already thinking along those lines..several of us here have an email from her and would gladly forward it.

Just give a holler.
    ================

tdo@turndownobama.com

10. So I came up with a theme song for the Prince of Ayers:

“There’s a Place in Hell for me and My Friends.”

11. folks. I’m fucking mad about how stupid the American voters are. Blame them for even making it close in 2000 for Bush. And repeat that in 2004. And in 2008, yet again, choosing the worse of two choices.

To tell you the truth, my interest in politics is changing from one of giving a shit to complete cynical, self-interest. I going to write a book, and either make a few hundred bucks, a few thou, or who knows. I’ve got my angle, I have a good two months of research to do, and it will be ruthless and honest.

I can’t trust the Dems, and have new found respect for certain parts of the Republicans (many grains of salt there). I don’t trust voters. I don’t trust the media. Politics is, no surprise, is disgusting. Bills will be passed. compromises will be made. I give up caring.

Sorry, 8 yrs of bush, and now this…???

12. Update on the Fayetteville, NC elementary teacher, Diantha Harris.

A message posted by the CCS (Cumberland County Shools) Superintendant:

It was reported yesterday, November 6, 2008, that an Asheville NC school teacher, Diantha Harris, was using improper political propaganda in a classroom. Today it was learned that the teacher is employed by the Fayetteville NC, Cumberland County, school system. Superintendent Dr. William Harrison has put an official response on the school system’s website. Here is the official response:

“CCS Headline News – Superintendent’s Response to YouTube- I was shocked when I saw the clip of an interaction between a Cumberland County Schools teacher and her students as posted on YouTube. While neutral discussion of the political process is appropriate, at no time, particularly with elementary students, should a teacher infuse his/her political views into the discussion. Most disconcerting was the military slant that made its way into this discussion. We are a military community, serving over 15,000 military students and their families. We value the sacrifices, not only of the military parents but also those of their families.

We believe that military children are our children, military spouses are many of our employees, and military service men and women are our heroes. We proudly serve our military children and have received national awards for our support of military families.

I was particularly disturbed to see the uncomfortable position in which our children were placed due to the inappropriate actions of one of our teachers. Please be assured that the actions exhibited in this video are not consistent with the vision of the CCS. Moreover, the actions of one teacher do not represent the 7000 employees in our organization.

Once the video was brought to my attention, I immediately launched an investigation. Personnel laws prevent me from releasing information regarding individual employees and personnel action taken. I can assure you that upon completion of the investigation, I will take appropriate action.

Dr. William Harrison
    CCS Superintendent”

Cumberland County School system website:

13. mp Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 5:16 pm
    I have had some doubts about Lieberman since 2006 but if he stands his ground against Reid and is capable of holding his own opionion then he will earn my respect.
    **************************

I have no doubts about him. He has shown true courage for many years. Switching to Indie, when I was drinking the koolaid, I just couldn’t believe he would do that to “us”, the good guys…

Boy, was I wrong. He is one of the few with true courage. His stance should have given courage to other lawmakers…sad.

14. ok peeps….. It’s friday night!!! and i don’t have to work wooooo hooooooo!

so….. I am heading out with hubby for a few [ok many] soco cokes 😀

Have a Good night……A good weekend !

and i will be around tomorrow….Later!

15. D@mn! I thought that clip was a video but it’s only audio with Rush commenting in the background.

Still, at least we can hear it.

The first comment about never having seen any other candidate delver an acceptance speech without family or friends on stage reminds me of Hitler.

16. If anyone is going by JSND or Camille’s, pls hug everyone for me (I’ll get registered later).

I need to register at Lady Lynn’s and TeamSarah too. Now that my computer is somewhat recovered.

{{{{ all pumas! }}}}

17. So I’ve been thinking that Rush has to take some responsibility for this garbage result. His “Democrat for a Day” crap backfired big time.

I hope he’s happy now.

18. Laura was subbing for Bill O’Reilly tonight and played the NC teacher video. Dr.Mark Temple Hall or something was on there, he stated that our country was an Empire, you should have seen the look on Laura’s face, and she corrected him by saying we are not an Empire.

19. Gosh, we all seem to be in a little bit of a lull right now. Not many postings these days but I know once Obama in in office we will have plenty to talk about.

This place always brings forth the truth. I hope that the regulars here keep posting as Obama takes power. I don’t know of any other site as insightful or wise as this one.

20. This is a bit off topic, the media did not report this

h t t p : // w w w.snopes.com/photos/military/reenlist.asp

21. sixty-nine percent (69%) of Republican voters say Alaska Governor Sarah Palin helped John McCain’s bid for the presidency,

Ninety-one percent (91%) of Republicans have a favorable view of Palin, including 65% who say their view is Very Favorable. Only eight percent (8%) have an unfavorable view of her, including three percent (3%) Very Unfavorable.

h t t p : / / http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2012/69_of_gop_voters_say_palin_helped_mccain

See also:
    h t t p : / / http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_more_popular_with_gop_voters_than_mccain

22. JanH Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 8:58 pm

I hope he’s happy now.
    ===============

“Dem for a Day” was Obama’s project as far back as April 2007. He did it again in NV and OR.

“Operation Chaos” was Rush’s, starting late spring, after McCain had won the GOP nomination. Rush was mosty telling GOP to vote for HIllary to prolong the contest, but occasionally switched to say vote for Obama.

Yes, I bet some GOP who were Dems for a Day are sorry now. 🙂

23. I’d like to suggest to all of you that plan any getaways or vacations to include Alaska as a destination. I can see no better way to honor Sarah Palin than to spend time and money in her state.

24. Media Defeats McCain?
    by Brent Bozell III

townhall.com/Columnists/BrentBozellIII/2008/11/07/media_defeats_mccain?page=2

25. Over on NoQuarter, Larry Johnson is saying that Obama’s secretary of state will be John Kerry! What a freaking joke that will be if it happens!! ROTFLMAO!!

26. # confloyd Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 11:34 pm

******************
    For the first time in many months, I have quickly looked at some of my former “lefty” blogs. The “Rahm” announcement is being rationalized but the rumors about Larry ( woman can’t do math and science) Summers and RFK, Jr. being named to the cabinet is causing heart-burn.

27. Turndown, I’m just getting caught up a bit and saw your post in response to mine, about bringing down BM. Thank you. The only thing is that I don’t know anything about having a blog.

I don’t know much about computers. I’m pretty new at this. But thanks anyway.

28. Confloyd is right. Take a look at NoQuarter. Other winners may include Susan Rice.

Kerry is a snooze fest. Meetings will be one giant relaxation group. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

29. Moe Lane over at Red State has his own special reason for wanting John Kerry as Sec of State:

OK, Kerry for SecState has one advantage. One. It increases the chance that I will see some day a video of Teresa Heinz Kerry throwing the contents of a champagne flute into the face of some grubby little dictator from a grubby little country that had presumed to annoy her at a state function.

30. basil9

I know you have probably already put covers on the cages of the flock and over you yourself, but saw your lament about only having audio from Evan Thomas, Charlie Rose and Jon Meacham.

I posted the full 20 min video interview this afternoon- no comment from Rush, of course.

Here is a repost, just for you and the birdies…

Emjay Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 4:22 pm
    Found the 20 minute Charlie Rose/Evan Thomas/Jon Meacham interview from Wednesday night:

worth watching…

Nightie nite–hope you’re sleeping tight.

31. Admin

Holy cow! How did you DO that? I submitted, went to refresh my refreshment and when I came back, Charlie was on-my-screen! Amazing. It didn’t do that this afternoon.

Thanks. It adds pizazz.

32. Yeppers, of all the people he could choose, he chooses swiftboat kerry, there is nothing that will phase me now with the new administration.

Who is he picking and why is he picking the bottom feeders?? LOL!!

33. I think folks we have a problem, first he picks gaffe a minute Biden, the pit bull Emmanuel, and last but not least the windsurfer catsup man! If picking his cabinet is an indication of how he is going to govern, Canada is looking pretty good right now!

34. djia

If you are home now and not too smashed, I posted this for you on last thread, and worried you might not go back to old thread…
    Just in case you didn’t get the email:

—————————————

Emjay Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 9:14 pm
    djia

Should have saved the one I just submitted, cause it is in cyberspace now, never to be found.

Here goes—

Wish I knew your sister…except for the peace pipe smoking part, my quickly aging body could use some Bear Butte massage, peppered with some Tibetan healing.

Reason I invited you back home to Iowa is because we heard here you had four ! feet of the white stuff in the Black Hills, on the interstate and in Vermillion.

Don’t forget Ms. Photog, I know who you are and what your talents are (besides bartending and enlisting customers to the right side.

😀
    ———————————-
    Now we will both have it and can spread it around (aka “redistribution.” Hahaha.) I really believe if we want Lynn’s help, we MUST respond to her need for feedback and comment.

—————————————–

Lynn to me

show details Nov 5 (2 days ago) [newbanner.png]

Together4US

Dear Emjay,

At the end of this long campaign, I am writing to congratulate and thank you for your steadfast work on behalf of our country. All of us are probably not pleased with the outcome of the election, but we all accept it and will do our individual part to continue to serve the best interest of this nation we love.

Before we all go back to our day jobs, I am contacting you once again for your help. My personal journey in this campaign has made me painfully aware of two deeply disturbing realities of our political process; namely, partisanship and sexism. These two are not related but both are rampant in our politics and seriously interfere with the progress of our society. I have seen how fundamental principles have been abandoned by our leaders and the media in favor of partisan power and irrational bias. As a result, both of these lethal trends are getting stronger in our body politic My interest in both the partisanship and sexism in the 2008 Presidential election leads me to ponder if there is a role for this site in helping to resolve either issue.

Perhaps you have completely tired of politics by this point and need a rest. I certainly understand that position. But, in the event that you are energized by what you have experienced, I am using this site to ask you to send me your thoughts on whether we can – or should – try to promote change in our national partisanship and/or rampant sexism. I am particularly interested in knowing your thoughts on how we might address these issues through:

* this website
    * existing organizations or websites
    * existing articles, presentations or reports (please send them or a link to them)
    * interesting individuals from either party who may participate
    * any other thoughts and strategies

Please send me your comments by going to together4us.com and post your ideas in the Comments section. That way they can be viewed by many people and commented on by others.

And, if you would like to personally be involved in any way in an effort to forge a solution to the corrosive affect of party politics and gender bias, please email me directly at lynn@together4us.com.

Once again, I want to thank you for everything you did in this election and I am very pleased that in some way our paths have crossed at this time. I trust we will have the opportunity to do some good together in the future……together4us.

I wish you well.

Sincerely yours,
    Lynn Forester de Rothschild

35. from townhall.com,

Retired Geek
    Location: VA
    Reply # 44
    Date: Nov 8, 2008 – 6:17 AM EST Anne your post @ 5:39 is right on target

I am really surprised at the number of people who have said to me in markets, barbershop etc.

‘Whay are we just now finding out about his character flaws – I look at them in amazement and disbelief.

These people come from the largest registeres group of voters – Independents.

They wait until election day to make their decision and know little if anything about the candidates.

Several have said to me, I voted for Obama to “shut the blacks up about racism”.

HUH?

The racism problems have just begun.

That is not the real issue though – the ‘Change’ Obama will bring is Marxism.

36. I agree with the opinion of this person. Barack is for Barack. He won’t govern from the left. He will campign for the second term the moment he gets to the white house and the AAs will reelect him 99.99% no matter what he does to them.

Zentrist
    Location: TX
    Reply # 8
    Date: Nov 8, 2008 – 12:48 AM EST Zentrist
    Obama is a “mut,” like me–and a Zentrist, like me. Centrist with an uncanny dose of common sense–so uncommon, in fact, it looks like “Zen.” Zentrist.

Remember: Rahm Emanuel is a student of Bill Clinton, who taught him pragmatic, i.e., winning, I repeat, WINNING STYLE OF POLITICS.

If my little theory here is correct, challengers to Obama’s Kingdom will have to wait till 2016. If Obama “veers” off, as Bill fears, he’ll contradict the smart politician and student of Honest Abe he thus far appears to be. Obama is no fool, no leftist Pelosi. No Code Pink maniac. No America-hater. Not now. Not ever. One would have to be blind not to see that Obama is a winner, not a loser.

37. I agree with Noak that Newt Gingrich will be a strong candidate for 2012.

Newt in ‘One-Two’?
    by Robert D. Novak

In serious conversations among Republicans since their election debacle Tuesday, what name is mentioned most often as the Moses, or Reagan, who could lead them out of the wilderness before 40 years?

To the consternation of many Republicans, it is none other than Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House.

Gingrich is far from a unanimous or even a consensus choice to run for president in 2012, but there is a strong feeling in Republican ranks that he is the only leader of their party who has shown the skill and energy to attempt a comeback quickly.

townhall.com/columnists/RobertDNovak/2008/11/08/newt_in_one-two

38. A friend went to a gun store in Houston, and said that there was a line of people out the door buying guns. Anyone else see this going on. I might just be a isolated incident.

39. I haven’t been following this story closely but this is certainly an interesting development. It is odd that Obama has gone to such extraordinary lengths to prevent his birth certificate from being released. What would be the reason?

The Supreme Court has ruled that Obama must produce his birth certificate by Dec. 1

At this point, Supreme Court Justice David Souter’s Clerk informed Philip J. Berg, the lawyer who brought the case against Obama, that his petition for an injunction to stay the November 4th election was denied, but the Clerk also required the defendants to respond to the Writ of Certiorari (which requires the concurrence of four Justices) by December 1. At that time, Mr. Obama must present to the Court an authentic birth certificate, after which Mr. Berg will respond.

If Obama fails to do that, it is sure to inspire the skepticism of the Justices, who are unaccustomed to being defied. They will have to decide what to do about a president-elect who refuses to prove his natural-born citizenship.

“I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate,” says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. “They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power – even over presidents, even over presidents-elect.”

Also remember that on December 13, the Electoral College meets to casts its votes. If it has been determined that Mr. Obama is an illegal alien and therefore ineligible to become President of the United States, the Electors will be duty-bound to honor the Constitution.

thevalleytruth.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/the-supreme-court-and-obamas-birth-certificate/

40. American Gal,
    yes, it is interesting, fascinating, intriguing but not a d@mn thing is gonna happen now. it’s too late. (IMHO)

41. second thought, Newt might not be a good choice for GOP. judge by the crows she attracted and her conservative message, Sarah Palin will be a good choice in 2012 if GOP package her in the next four year.

42. There is no doubt in my mind that BO is just like George W. Bush, and that we are in for four more years just like the last eight. Incompetent. Unqualified. Sense of Entitlement (regardless of lack of qualifications). Uninterested in work of governing (AKA lazy). Pet of the Media. The real question is who is pushing these candidates on us, and why? Someone knows who it is; the media is sucking up to him/her/them still (just like the last eight years).

The silver lining, of course, is that what goes around comes around. These social phenomenoms always run out of gas. I think that BO will only last four years, if that. I disagree with a poster upthread, that BO is smart. The media also said that about George (he’s smart, he only looks dumb) Bush. BO was in the right place at the right time to appeal to the powers currently in charge, that is all.

43. SactoDem,

don’t underestimate BHO, he has 99.99% AAs behind him. if he can fools certain % of other groups, then he can be there for 8 years just like Bush.

44. I bought a 22 this week.

You’ll be lucky if you manage to kill a bird with that thing.

—–

Hmmmm

Ms Idunn-gun expert:

What should I buy….and how much money do I need?

45. seriously, i think if the gop wants to succeed, they have to throw-away the old trappings; newt gingrich-types. they really need new blood and youth. it is the younger generation’s turn and they need a fresh face. palin, jindal, crist, etc.. JMHO.

46. I also disagree with James Carville. Someone posted an article by him in the last thread, I think, or maybe the one before that. Anyhow, I am referring to the article where Carville asserts this was a “transformative” election. Carville is brilliant and I always enjoy watching him on political shows but he has been wrong before. And he is wrong now. FDR was a transformative president because he was COMPETENT. Nixon was a transformative president because he was (evil but) COMPETENT.

Bush and BO are band-aid presidents. Packaged to divert our attention, they come up with superficial solutions while never addressing the real problems of this country. The people will be back to voting for the non-Democrat as soon as they realize that BO is not able to make their lives better.

A sad thought just occurred to me. I won’t be seeing much of James Carville anymore because I refuse to patronize the Goebbelists on the TV. I am still just as political as ever, it’s just that my preference of venue has changed. I get my information from the internet now.

47. # alcina Says:
    November 8th, 2008 at 9:59 am

&&&&&&&&&

What about that former gov. of FL, that smart centrist Repub? What was his name…. Jeb something….BUSH!

Jeb’s argument could be, at least you know the Bushes are able to win the WH.

And Jeb was the mellow one, his bro W. was the obnoxious overconfident buffoon.

Imagine, a third Bush in the WH??

48. alcina,

LMAO!

A HOWITZER!

About newt (and Rove0 – i confess i listned to (and often agreed with them) when JM was in the running but now that it’s BO i have no use for either. they’re both lying, nasty POS. Remember what they did to BC?

49. Meiyingsu,

That 99.99% may not be the advantage it would seem to be. It interjects race into the political discussion which is a double edged sword.

Proposition 8, banning gay marriage, passed here in California. Although AAs are the fourth largest demographic group in California, behind whites, Latinos and Asians, it was AAs voting 3-to-1 in favor of the ban that is being remarked on as the reason for its passage. It generated a headline on yesterday’s (Friday) Sacramento Bee! Even Catholic Latinos were, statistically, evenly split on the ban.

The irony of a group celebrating a “break through” even as that group votes to deny civil rights to another group isn’t lost on anybody. It certainly opens up the meaning of that “99.99%” to alternative views.

50. idunn,

ok. i just googled 22 rifles and they’re good for small varmints. But I’m counting on the OS factor that anyone confronting ME brandishing a loaded semi-automatic 22 would have.

Oh Sh1T!!!!!! that crazy bytch doesn’t know wtf she’s doing!
    I am OUTTAHERE!
    😉

51. Kerry as Sec of state, go ahead, at least it will finally get the fucker out of the Senate and into a position where if he stuffs it up, he has to resign.

52. The only silver lining i can see out of all this, Obama taking dinosaurs out of the senate and get some fresh blood in the senate.

So far we get Biden out of the senate and Kerry, anyone else we want rid off.

53. You see, they have to get another AA in the senate…

They will choose another AA to replace…Emil Jones, Jesse Jackson jr fo obama; Patrick Duval for Kerry, and even think of pushing hillary out with a token position to give Patterson a chance…..

This is all about AA power grab here!!!

That is why I hope Liebermem really stays VERY INDEPENDENT regardless of not having a committee to manage…

54. Mind you, the whole mantra of change is looking very thing when you have Biden as VP, Kerry as Sec state and Rahm as chief of staff, what next, Teddy as AG, Rangel at treasury and Jessie Jackson at housing and Al sharpton as WH mouthpiece, i mean press Sec.

55. I think the AG position will be given to an AA…all about civil rights issues…maybe Artur Davis!! or even john lewis..

56. This was pointed out on Al Jazeera in a panel (saw it on NQ), that BHO would not have won if it was just the whites voting for him. So the question is if the AAs had behaved like any other group, would he still have won? All this transformative talk is a bit of a hype. All I can say is that he is one lucky SoB. But it is a punishment now because in all his past jobs he did not work hard to do anything. Let us see if he can get away with being a non-performer in this job, like a TV president. Hope he has some good advisers around.

57. Meiyingsu,

True.

His pro-abortion stance is extreme, though. Being in favor of denying medical care to an aborted fetus still alive outside the womb is a gift to any political opponent. I don’t think it would take much more to disillusion the social conservatives about him.

58. McCaskill, she’ll be the one on her knees in the oval office with white stuff on her dress, if he election campaigning is anything to go by.

59. “Patrick Duval for Kerry, and even think of pushing hillary out with a token position to give Patterson a chance…..”
    **************
    IIRC, Mass is one of the few states that has an election to fill a vacant Senate seat. In both IL and DE, the Gov. appoints the replacement.

60. Well …as far as I am concerned about MA…ted can pop off any time…cannot come too soon for me and then Kerry sent somewhere ….
    just maybe some strong independent candidate will come…biut i doubt it…the dead registered voters will be come out in numbers!!!

61. moonpluto – Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
    Guess you’ve recovered from the flu! 😉
    mp; “This is all about AA power grab here!!!”
    Yup. I’ve been saying that since I saw the August 2007 RBC ‘Black caucus’ disenfranchise Florida. The leaders of the movement were all black – Brazille, Dawson, Germond. And remember the May 31 RBC meeting where Bo was given half of Michigan’s votes and 4 of HRC’s? Notice the ringleaders were all black? The dems are being taken over by radical AA’s. And I’m sure HRC will be the next to go. I live in NYS and Patterson has already been on record saying that HRC should have conceded earlier and that anyone who doesn’t vote for BO is racist. I am so out of the dem party forever. No way I will be dictated to by 12% of the population who have nothing planned except promoting AA’s. F*** that. 👿

62. I hope BC and HRC have lucrative book deals lined up for the post-inauguration. Maybe they have so much sh!t on Bo that he won’t be able to completely marginalize them.

And if he tries, well, they’ll be filthy rich and won’t need to stay in public life. i can’t wait for the BO-tell-all.

BTW, what happened to Corsi? to Berg?

63. # mp Says:
    November 8th, 2008 at 10:52 am

*************
    Mass has had the same Senators since 1984. They will likely have two new ones by the end of ’09.

64. got this over on teamsara.org Pass this around and send your letter!
    Perhaps we can make a difference, a real difference!

Re: Berg v Obama

Please, we need to get as many letters in before December 31st. We have a chance to have our voices heard in the highest court of the land. Let’s not ignore this opportunity.

Hi, I talked with Philip Berg Wednesday. He’s pretty much doing this himself. The US Supreme Court has given Obama until Dec 31st to answer before they make a decision whether or not to accept the case on appeal.

Since the first case was dismissed for “lack of standing,” we should start a letter writing campaign to the US Supreme Court. We need to let them know that this is not a suit brought forward by only one man, but a suit brought forth by the American People.

Here’s an example of the letter I intend to send (I borrowed it from a letter I found online – but it is very well written.) We need to have as many letters into the US Supreme Court before December 31st.

Honorable Justice David Hackett Souter
    Supreme Court of the United States
    One First Street N.E.
    Washington, DC 20543

Re: Case Nos.:(08-4340)

On October 24, 2008, a federal judge granted a request to dismiss a lawsuit by Citizen Philip Berg, who challenged Barack Obama’s qualifications under the “Natural Born Citizen” clause of the U.S.Constitution to legally hold the office of President of the United States of America.

Mr. Berg presented factual evidence to the Court in support of his claim that Mr. Obama is either a citizen of his father’s native Kenya by birth, or that he became a citizen of Indonesia, relinquishing his prior citizenship when he moved there with his mother in 1967.

In Mr. Obama’s response to the lawsuit, he neither denied Mr. Berg’s claims nor submitted any evidence which would refute Mr. Berg’s assertions. Instead, he argued that the Court lacked the jurisdiction to determine the question of his legal eligibility because Mr. Berg lacked “standing.”
    Astonishingly, the judge agreed, simply saying, “[Mr. Berg] would have us derail the democratic process by invalidating a candidate for whom millions of people voted and underwent excessive vetting during what was one of the most hotly contested presidential primary [sic] in living memory.”

Unfortunately, Mr. Obama’s response to the legal claim was clearly evasive and strikingly out of character, suggesting he may, in fact, lack a critical Constitutional qualification necessary to assume the Office of President: i.e., that he is not a “natural born” citizen of the United States or one who has relinquished his American citizenship.

Before Mr. Obama can exercise any of the powers of the United States, he must prove that he has fully satisfied each and every eligibility requirement that the Constitution mandates for any individual’s exercise of those powers.

Regardless of the tactics chosen in defending himself against the Berg lawsuit, significant questions regarding his legal capacity to hold this nation’s highest office have been put forth publicly, and he has failed to directly refute them with documentary evidence that is routinely available to any bona fide, natural born U.S. Citizen.

As one who has ventured into the fray of public service of his own volition, seeking to possess the vast powers of the Office of President, it is not unreasonable to demand that Mr. Obama produce evidence of his citizenship to answer the questions and allay the concerns of the People. Indeed, as the one seeking the office, he is under a moral, legal, and fiduciary duty to proffer such evidence to establish his qualifications as explicitly mandated by Article II of
    the Constitution.

Should Mr. Obama proceed to assume the office of the President of the United States as anything but a bona fide natural born citizen of the United States that has not relinquished that citizenship, Mr. Obama would be inviting a national disaster, placing our Republic at great risk from untold consequences. For example:

• Neither the Electoral College on December 15, nor the House of Representatives on January 6 would be able to elect Mr. Obama, except as a poseur – a usurper;

• As a usurper, Mr. Obama would be unable to take the required “Oath or Affirmation” of office on January 20 without committing the crime of perjury or false swearing, for being ineligible for the Office of the President he cannot faithfully execute the Office of the President
    of the United States;

• His every act in the usurped Office of the President would be a criminal offense as an act under color of law that would subject the People to the deprivation of their constitutional rights, and entitling Mr. Obama to no obedience whatsoever from the People;

• As a usurper acting in the guise of the President Mr. Obama could not function as the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy and of the militia of the several states, as such forces would be under no legal obligation to remain obedient to him;

• No one in any civilian agency in the Executive Branch would be required to obey any of Mr. Obama’s proclamations, executive orders or directives, as such orders would be legally VOID;

• Mr. Obama’s appointment of Ambassadors and Judges to the Supreme Court would be VOID ab initio (i.e., from the beginning), no matter what subsequent actions the Senate might take as well as rendering any such acts by such appointed officials void as well;

• Congress would not be able to pass any new laws because they would not be able to acquire the signature of a bona fide President, rendering all such legislation legally VOID;

• As a usurper, Congress would be unable to remove Mr. Obama from the Office of the President on Impeachment, inviting certain political chaos including a potential for armed conflicts within the General Government or among the States and the People to effect the removal of such a usurper.

I’m sure you agree that our Constitution is the cornerstone of our system of governance. It is the very foundation of our system of Law and Order – indeed; it is the supreme law of the land. I’m sure you also agree that its precise language was no accident and cannot be ignored if Individual, unalienable, natural Rights, Freedoms and Liberties are to be protected and preserved.

As our next potential President, Mr. Obama has a high-order obligation to the Constitution (and to those who have fought and died for our Freedom) that extends far beyond that of securing a majority of the votes of the Electoral College. No matter his promises of change and prosperity, his heartfelt intent or the widespread support he has garnered in seeking the highest Office of the Land, the integrity of the Republic and Rule of Law cannot, — must not — be put at risk, by
    allowing a constitutionally unqualified person to sit, as a usurper, in the Office of the President.

No matter the level of practical difficulty, embarrassment or
    disruption of the nation’s business, we must — above all — honor and protect the Constitution and the divine, unalienable, Individual Rights it guarantees, including the Right to a President who is a natural born citizen of the United States of America that has not relinquished his American citizenship.

Our nation has endured similar disruptions in the past, and will weather this crisis as well. Indeed, it is both yours and the People’s mutual respect for, and commitment to, the Constitution and Rule of Law that insures the perpetuation of Liberty.

With due respect, we hereby request that Mr. Obama provide the following documents to the Court:

(a) a certified copy of his “vault” (original long version) birth certificate;

(b) certified copies of all reissued and sealed birth certificates in the names Barack Hussein Obama, Barry Soetoro, Barry Obama, Barack Dunham and Barry Dunham;

(c) a certified copy of his Certification of Citizenship;

(d) a certified copy of his Oath of Allegiance taken upon age of maturity;

(e) certified copies of his admission forms for Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law School; and

(f) certified copies of any court orders or legal documents changing his name from Barry Soetoro.

“In a government of laws, the existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law crupulously. Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.”

Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438, 469-471.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
    Sincerely,

65. Djia,

thank’s for your eternal optimism but I gotta pass on this.

I sure hope it has an impact but . . . . ‘

66. basil9 Says:

November 8th, 2008 at 10:54 am
    *********************************

I have thought long ago that the AA’s were upset with the quickly growing Hispanic population and thought if they didn’t grab everything they could now, that would never get it because the Hispanics will be the Majority nation wide within the next 20-30 years

67. Gun sales rise in U.S. despite of new Democratic government

680News staff with a report from the Toronto Star | Saturday, November 8th, 2008 9:52 am
    Bookmark

Many people expected some sort of change in the wake of president elect Barack Obama’s election.

The Toronto Star reports there was one change some people didn’t see coming.
    Gun sales are rising in parts of the United States.

According to the Star, many Americans are afraid of Obama’s policies regarding the U.S.’s second amendment.

While Obama said he supports the right to bare arms during his campaign, he does support a permanent ban on assault weapons.

*************************

Personally we have several rifles,[for hunting purposes] I’m stocking up on ammo, and want a hand gun for convenience
    and i am stocking up not because BHO may change our 2nd amendment [but that certainly is a good reason] but for protection i think i may need due to an Obama presidency and all his “thugs” and what they might intend to do …

68. I KNOW that’s true.

I taught in an urban area with 95% hispanic and black populations.

It’s an understatement to say the two groups despise each other.

AA’s consiodered hispanics competition for services they formerly had a lock on.

Gangs and territories were organized by ethnicity.

69. we should all do that letter and pass it around (use facebook, myspace, or whatever else) to encourage people to do this

70. Basil

Yes, i am a half full glass kind of person.

I believe that If we lose our optimism… we just lose.. and we will have to live with the “what if’s” not being answered

But if we lose because we tried and failed we lose with our pride and all those what ifs will have been answered

and perhaps,we might win against all odds.

71. djia,
    I’m with you. In NYS there’s a 6 MONTH wait for a hand gun permit which is why I bought a rifle the other day. I also got mace. I will take shooting lessons in the next few weeks. What’s ironic is I spent
    many years in NYC where I was robbed at gunpoint and mugged 3 times and yet I never felt the need for protection as I considered those incidents random occurences. After spending years teaching in urban NJ I realized that most of the country doesn’t yet have a clue about the violence of young people. They’re in for a rude awakening. I (and other teachers) were accosted and assaulted and threatend even more than I was in NYC and there wasn’t a d@mn thing we could do about it as filing charges was RACIST.

I am disturbed by BO’s thugs, his Civilian army, and the thought of another terror strike or natural disaster.
    I liove alone nwo in a rural area and i swear i will not go down without a fight.

72. Emjay Says:
    November 8th, 2008 at 2:24 am

djia

If you are home now and not too smashed
    ********************

LOL… thanks!, i didn’t see this on the previous thread… and i was too smashed to start up the laptop when i got home LOL!

I know you’re in Iowa too…. if i remember right you are in the southern end , right? are you near enough to SD for a meet up sometime?? we could meet half way! 😀 or if your close to say winterset….. i love winterset for camping and some photography 😀

73. djia

Either upthread in this article (in which case I can’t find it) or in admin’s last article, I read that Justice Souter has requested that BO provide a certified long form birth certificate by Dec. 1 st…I assume because of the mid-month electoral college vote.

Dec 31st would be too late, I would think.

74. djia,

it wasn’t THAT bad and you learned quick that you had 2 choices; your survival or the kids. I always chose mine. A strong attitude was important. White teachers were like fresh meat thrown to hungry wolves. But once you clearly established you weren’t gonna put up with BS the kids usually backed down.
    Problem is it’s a grueling and endless battle and burnout is usually the end result.

You can’t show ANY weakness around those kids. That’s why i always took my sick days. If I showed up to work and was under the weather I had a miserable day.

75. djia Says:

November 8th, 2008 at 11:52 am
    got this over on teamsara.org Pass this around and send your letter!
    ****************************
    I think this is the same letter that’s going to be a full page in ‘USA Today’ paper, Monday Nov 10th edition! If Bo isn’t legitimate, he’ll be a ‘usurper’! Think the msm will pick it up and discuss it?

76. djia

I found it:
    ————————–
    AmericanGal Says:

November 8th, 2008 at 9:28 am

77. Jeleanoro

yes i did see that new USA Today ad and realize it is very similar , most likely written by the same person? or parts taken by the original writer ?

either way it’s AWESOME!

“Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers= usurper

Definition of Usurper
    U`surp´er
    n. 1. One who usurps; especially, one who seizes illegally on sovereign power; as, the usurper of a throne, of power, or of the rights of a patron.
    A crown will not want pretenders to claim it, not usurpers, if their power serves them, to possess it.
    – South.

Related Words
    Simon Legree, absolute monarch, absolute ruler, all-powerful ruler, arrogator, autarch, autocrat, caesar, commissar, czar, despot, dictator, disciplinarian, driver, duce, hard master, martinet, oligarch, oppressor, pharaoh, pretender, slave driver, stickler, tyrant, warlord

78. Hey there, someone here on this board not sure who, said that if Obama was not born in Hawaii because his mother was not of age when she had him plus she had been out of the country for some time that he is not a citizen

Can you tell me where i can find this law.

79. I don’t think Souter is asking Obama to produce his BC. He is asking Obama to submit his own brief or something (I’m not a lawyer).

80. APNewsBreak: Obama’s aunt to fight to stay in US

By DENISE LAVOIE – 23 hours ago

BOSTON (AP) — An immigration lawyer for President-elect Obama’s aunt says she wants to fight a deportation order and stay in the United States.

The Associated Press found that Zeituni Onyango (zay-TUHN on-YANG-oh) is staying with relatives in Cleveland after fleeing her public housing apartment in Boston. She had been living there for five years.

Onyango, who is Obama’s father’s half-sister, was ordered to leave the country in 2004 by an immigration judge who rejected her request for asylum from her native Kenya.

Cleveland attorney Margaret Wong told the AP on Friday she is exploring legal options and may file a motion to re-open Onyango’s case. She said Onyango is upset because she believes someone leaked information about her immigration status to try to hurt Obama’s candidacy.
    ********************

Who are these relatives in Cleveland??

81. PM:

did you miss this part of the above post?

82. Hmmmmmmmmm??

found this tidbit on http://www.shusterman.com/intca.html

Also, between 1934 and 1978, the law imposed a “retention” requirement upon children born abroad who had one parent who was a U.S. citizen and one parent who was an alien. Not only was the U.S. citizen parent required to reside in the U.S. for a fixed period of time before the child’s birth, but the child was required to be present in the U.S. for a specific period of time during his youth. If a child failed to meet this retention requirement, he automatically lost his U.S. citizenship.
    ***********************************************
    this is news to me….has anyone else seen this before?

83. “the law imposed a “retention” requirement upon children born abroad who had one parent …..”
    ************
    IIRC, this only applied to children born out side of the US. I think the birth notice in the HI newspaper is pretty strong evidence that he was born in the US. I think the “question” is what is his legal name.

84. neetabug

here are burg’s court filings, hope it helps

obamacrimes.com/attachments/001_ObamaMemSupportTRO082108.pdf

85. SHV

i am not convinced he has a HI birth Certificate, no one has produced one as of yet

some have said it exists, but refuse to release it…….hence it’s still just hear say at this point

86. “some have said it exists, but refuse to release it”
    **********
    Probably because the name on it is “Barry Soetoro” and he never bothered to legally change his name back to his birth name.

87. Maybe since Hillary and Sarah both were ridiculed and not supported by their respective parties, they should spend the next four years planning a comeback together in 2012 as independents. Hillary/Palin 2012. I could vote for that ticket and I bet they would kick some Obama/Biden ass.

88. Update from the Atlas Shrugs website on the Berg lawsuit concerning Obama’s birth certificate:

Apparently the ruling by the Supreme Court is that Obama must respond in some way by the December date. That response can be providing the birth certificate, requesting a delay in the proceedings or some other legal response. It is not a demand to produce the birth certificate.

After the response is given (assuming Obama doesn’t provide an actual birth certificate as his response), then the Supreme Court will decide on the merits of the Berg case and if they want to issue a Writ of Certiorari to force Obama to produce the birth certificate.

It’s all very fascinating–some on the website are saying it may get referred to the Electoral College itself.

Read the details here:

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/

89. bluegirl Says:
    November 8th, 2008 at 12:02 am
    ==========

Well, then post at other people’s blogs. 🙂 They need posters to keep them going.

90. confloyd Says:
    November 8th, 2008 at 1:30 am

Who is he picking and why is he picking the bottom feeders?? LOL!!
    ==============

Maybe it’s like Biden for VP, no one else will take the job.

91. alcina Says:
    November 8th, 2008 at 9:59 am
    ========

Yes. I could go for Sarah — fresh and a woman and nice to Hillary. But Gingrich has too much baggage from the impeachment etc; Hillary may have forgiven those guys, but I never will.

92. “Patrick Duval for Kerry, and even think of pushing hillary out with a token position to give Patterson a chance…..”
    =========

If you mean a token position in the Obama administration, Hillary has turned that idea down pretty strongly, saying she prefers to stay in the Senate.

93. VI. OUR SURVIVAL PLAN

On the eve of the Obama coronation Big Media is busy doing the very thing MSNBC Misogynist Matthews believes journalists should do—deifying an emperor who has no clothes. Perhaps there is room for one skeleton at the feast to forewarn the giddy celebrants of Christmases to come. For when Republicans are even happier than Democrats that Obama won that should tell us something. We have only three (3) problems here: a perfect storm, an incompetent sea captain, and a media who cannot read a nautical chart. I should be drinking too. But I can’t because I believe that the walls will close in on him, he will implode, and seriously damage our country. Big Media will fail to hold him accountable and send us all to Davey Jones locker.

We the people have no control over the inevitable rise and fall of the Great Obama. It will be determined by future events which will proceed with dramatic precision. This exercise in collective delusion must play itself out and young people will learn by this example that experience matters. Like the Native American Tribe we cannot control the sun, the moon and the stars. But there are three things we can do: i) first, we must adopt the position that he is not “our” president– because he cheated to get in, ii) second, we must take appropriate steps to protect ourselves from this crisis, and his errant response to it, and ii) third, we must adhere to the time honored traditions of our community. Those traditions are as follows:

(1) America First: we believe in American exceptionalism, separation of powers, and selection of the most qualified candidate regardless of gender or race. We believe in capitalism and Roosevelt values. We reject extremism— the free market doctrine of the far right, and the social engineering schemes of the far left. The Obama Presidency marks the first time in history that the Far Left has acquired full control of the reins of power in this country. His governing coalition expects to change the order of things to their advantage and will utilize authoritarian methods to that end. The Obama truth squads which threatened criminal sanctions against political speech protected by the First Amendment are a shadow of things to come. The multi-cultural agenda which diminishes our national traditions and exploits white guilt will be part of his program. This can be seen in his initial refusal to salute the American flag and the fabrication of his own presidential seal. The graft and corruption of groups like ACORN will infect our government. If you want to know more about that see the decision of Sam Reid in Washington. Obama will protect the wealthy elites first, the welfare class second, the middle class last. Posters of him on street corners, armies of young ideologues, Let A Million Flowers Bloom! Haven’t we seen this movie before . . . . . somewhere?

(2) Campaign Finance Reform: we believe our democracy belongs to the American People and should not be for sale to the highest bidder. Under current law big money is in control. The original intent of the McCain-Feingold bill was to cure that problem, but the 527 exception established by George Soros has made the problem even worse. We believe there should be public financing of elections and the television networks should provide free time as a public service, as Hollywood executive Barry Dillard suggested some time ago. We are not sanguine about Obama’s conduct on this issue. Initially, he supported the idea of public financing, but then he reneged on it and went on to collect a billion dollars. Not surprisingly, much of that money is alleged to have come from foreign donors which is flat illegal. And he has failed to release the names of his donors as other candidates had done. This raises a strong inference of corruption. Nothing he does is all above board.

(3) Eliminate Voter Fraud: we believe that there should be zero tolerance of voter fraud. During the late 19th Century, the bosses of Tammany Hall hired the Monk Eastmans and other street gangs to monitor voting sites in New York. In this general election, Obama used Black Panthers to monitor voting sites in Philadelphia. During the mid 20th Century Daley, the Daley Machine got grateful corpses to rise from their graves and vote for their beloved mayor. In this general election, Obama secretly hired ACORN to register thousands of ineligible or non-existent voters in battleground states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Indiana, etc. Lest we forget, Obama is a product of the Daley Machine. During the primaries Obama committed massive voter fraud in the caucus states. Two thousand cases of this were reported to Donna Brazille at the DNC. However, she failed to investigate them because she was an Obama supporter. These actions are a serious threat to our democracy. They must be eliminated root and branch. This will require the abolition of caucuses in the primary and the introduction of procedural safeguards to prevent illegal registration and verification of eligibility. The fine work of Dr. Lynette Long illustrates the magnitude of the problem and the need for corrective action. But we must have the will to act.

(4) Reform Democratic Party: we believe that the left wing has hijacked the Democratic Party. There is clear evidence that DNC member Brazille actively conspired with Republican nemesis Karl Rove to rig the primary process to defeat Hillary Clinton and to game the caucuses. Concurrent with this the left wing of the party displaced the centrist leadership of the party. Finally, the DNC leadership engaged in a pattern and practice of thuggish tactics against DNC members, super delegates, and public officials for the express purpose of hijacking the party and stealing the nomination. The stories of what occurred in Denver and in state conventions will be made part of the record. At a minimum, we do not wish to ratify this corruption. Ideally, we would like to restore integrity to the Party. To that end, we pledge that we will not support any candidate who supported Obama prior to June 3, 2008. We will contribute no money to the DNC as long as these people are in charge. If the centrist wing of the party decides to split away from the party at some future time, and perhaps ally itself with centrist republicans in a new political party we will support that effort in every way possible. Finally, we will support any candidate who has the political courage to fight for the middle class. Regardless of what he says now Obama will not protect the middle class but will instead use it as his cash cow.

(5) Attack Media Corruption: we believe it is essential for the American People to have accurate and reliable information in order to survive in a complex society, and to make an informed choice at the ballot box. Unfortunately, Big Media has breached this duty. As a result, we got Bush, the Iraq War and now the least experienced President in history at a time of national crisis. How did this happen? It happened because Big Media has abandoned its journalistic tradition of protecting the community it served and providing the truth. Today, Big Media has assumed a trifecta role: i) the Propaganda Ministry of Goebbels, ii) the Gestapo of Goering and iii) Tool of the State. This can be seen in Matthews’ revealing comment and Joe the Plummer’s ordeal. Also, there is reason to believe that Obama has signaled a willingness to protect their industry in exchange for favorable coverage and will punish those who ask him tough questions. Finally, Big Media has invested so much of its own credibility in him and the symbolism of his candidacy that they have ceased to be a creditor and are now an investor. As a result, we must undermine their influence and seek removal of talking heads who betray journalistic traditions. We can take our case to the foreign press, alternative media and sponsors.

(6) Hold Obama Accountable: one of the leading indicators that The Great Obama is not ready for prime time, is the sheer number of IOUs he has cast to the wind. He is worse than the Duchess of Alba who would schedule dangerous liaisons with different suitors in different hideaways all at the same hour of the evening—if you can believe Goya. Likewise, The Great Obama promised the dwindling largesse of this country to many leaders of the third world during his whirlwind tour. He did this to elevate his status as a world figure. They will be there at his coronation to pay their respects and to whisper in his ear: don’t forget what you promised to do for me. He will give them that big shit eating grin, pat them on the back and they will never see him again. Closer to home, labor unions, delusional bots (Move On, Kos, etc.), AA co-conspirators, Democratic Legislators, Chicago white thugs, policy advisors to whom he has made similar promises will be lining up to feed at the public troth. He will have to give them that shit eating grin, pat them on the back, and tell them to be patient because he has an economic crisis to deal with. If the ask him what they should do in the meantime he will say you must endeavor to persevere. Then he will put three layers of bureaucracy between them and him. Eventually, they will realize that they will be paid what they are owed on the 12th of Never. Our role will be to catalogue his promises, how he breached them and to post that information on u-tube and other places where it will be noticed. This will be fun.

94. wbboei,

I especially like #6. 😉

In case you didn’t see this on a previous thread, here is the link to an interesting Native American site.

pyramidmesa.netfirms.com/main1.html

95. “I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate,” says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer.
    ==========

Nonsense. Imo this BC issue was worth pushing before the election to show Obama handling it badly and losing some votes.

However if it appears that Obama did win with a respectable vote margin (and I haven’t heard of anyone planning to contest THAT), imo for a court to in effect overturn the election on the BC technicality would be very bad all around.

96. I believe that Kerry and Biden are some of the token whites.

wobbei, great treatist on how to survive.Doable with enough workers.

97. Well, well. Hannity & Colmes invite Rick Davis on to “discuss” the Palin misbehavior leaks and Rich Lowery is sitting in for Hannity.

Davis and Lowery must have locked Colmes in a closet, because after 3 or four nasty comments and trying to ressurect the trashy rumors, he is not heard from again.

And Lowery gets the real answers from Davis.

Transcript laying out the truth in case anyone dares throw it at you as a Palin insult or deficit in honesty or attacks he intelligence:

November 07, 2008
    Rick Davis on the Sarah Palin Accusations
    Hannity & Colmes

COLMES: Welcome to HANNITY & COLMES. I’m Alan Colmes. Rich Lowry sitting in for Sean tonight.

Nice to see you once again, Rich.

RICH LOWRY, GUEST HOST: Hi, Alan. Good to see you.

COLMES: And we are following a developing story tonight, in the last 24 hours there have been several reports in the press attributed to anonymous members of the McCain campaign accusing Governor Sarah Palin of all nature of things.

“Newsweek” magazine, the “New York Times”, and FOX’s own Carl Cameron have all reported on incidents that allegedly happened behind the scenes on the campaign trail.

According to these reports, Governor Palin supposedly didn’t know that Africa was a continent and not a country, that she once answered the door of her hotel room dressed only in a towel, that she blasted members of the campaign staff, leaving them in tears, and that she spent even more money on clothing than originally reported a few weeks ago.

Joining us tonight to shed light on these claims, McCain campaign chairman, Rick Davis.

Rick, welcome to HANNITY & COLMES. Nice to have you with us.

RICK DAVIS, MCCAIN CAMPAIGN MANAGER: Hey, thanks for having me. Appreciate it.

COLMES: Appreciate it very much. I know it’s been a tough few months. So glad you’re here to talk about it. Where do these leaks come from?

DAVIS: Well, you know, part of the reason that I wanted to come out tonight and talk about this is because, you know, we don’t know where these leaks are coming from. You know funny how all these things are attributed to anonymous sources, and look, politics is politics, it isn’t bean bag, it’s rough stuff, but anonymous sources, give me a break.

You’ve got the campaign manager of the campaign McCain for the last year and a half sitting in front of you, and I’m just going to tell you right now this is atrocious behavior on the part of people who claim to be campaign staffers, and I think it’s outrageous.

COLMES: Do you know who did it?

DAVIS: I wish I do, otherwise, you know, I’d probably wouldn’t be here, I’d be talking to the reporters telling them — you know, this is outrageous behavior on the part of these individuals, but I don’t know who did it, and that’s the problem with these kinds of stories.

You don’t know the veracity of the story. You don’t even know if it’s factual, and you have no clue who told it.

COLMES: Let’s talk about the veracity of the stories. The idea of answering the door in a towel. Have you heard that?

DAVIS: You know, I saw it in this “Newsweek” print, and from what I understand, talking to some of the people who were there, Mark Salter and Steve Schmidt, is that she didn’t answer the door, they were in her suite, and you know, they were getting ready to brief her, and she was — she didn’t know anybody was even in the room, and immediately upon finding out that people were there, she went back.

Exactly what any normal person would do. And yet, all of a sudden, this is like a federal case.

COLMES: What about the decision to spend $150,000 on clothing? Whose decision was that, and as — as “Newsweek” reported, was it really more than that with 20 to $40,000 going to Todd Palin’s clothing?

DAVIS: Well, first of all, I think that — a lot of these issues are overblown. I mean when she got to the convention — first of all, everybody needs to remember the historical facts of this. That she was tapped to be the vice presidential nominee two days before the convention started.

She arrived in the convention hall without having even been to Alaska to pick up any of her things. I think the campaign did the right thing and asked for somebody to come in and help her with her clothes. We got some, you know, very smart person evidently from New York, I don’t know much about clothes as you can probably tell…

COLMES: But nice tie, though.

DAVIS: And they came in to town, and they outfitted her, and they outfitted her, obviously, with a lot more stuff than she was ever going to use, and nobody ever explained to her that this is stuff that was being paid for by the convention. It was going to be used at the convention for her purposes, and…

COLMES: Right.

DAVIS: And this is where it got overblown.

COLMES: But the story was that — that she was told get three suits and hire a stylist, and then she went a little crazy, you know, overboard.

DAVIS: No, I don’t think she went crazy. I’m not sure she really understood what the parameters are, and by the way, all of this stuff is getting shipped back. It was exactly what we talked about when we released the reports on this a month and a half ago. And from what I can tell this is an old story born again.

LOWRY: Hey, Rick, thanks so much for joining us. I wish the circumstances were better, but we appreciate your being with us here tonight.

DAVIS: (Laughs) Well, I probably wouldn’t be here if we were working on the transition. So it’s my pleasure to be here.

(CROSSTALK)

LOWRY: It’s our gain, the country’s loss.

Rick, let’s roll through some of these specifics. The idea that she didn’t know Africa was a continent. I talked today to two of the advisers who briefed on foreign policy. They consider it absurd. Among other things, they point out she was very up from the beginning on the Darfur, which is huge.

DAVIS: Right.

LOWRY: And Evangelical communities across America. So it doesn’t even make sense.

DAVIS: It doesn’t make sense, and, again, I mean, you know, what’s the point of all these unsubstantiated rumors that are flying around? What I really want to try and understand is — what’s the basis of all this stuff?

I mean, look, I could make anything up about John McCain’s debate prep. I mean I was in there, I saw him — what was going on. Is anybody going to debate with me about what was said and done in there?

Look, she did a great job in this debate. She held her own with a guy who’s been practiced in this politics for 40 years, and I think it’s a real tribute to her, and the idea that somehow we’re going to undercut her by talking about some of these, you know, ridiculous claims is, I think, not only inappropriate, but, frankly, it doesn’t bode well for our party as a whole.

I mean we…

LOWRY: Yes.

DAVIS: We’ve got a struggle ahead of us. We’ve got to redefine who we are. I think, you know, John McCain and Sarah Palin were a fresh breath of air, you know, into the Republican Party, but it wasn’t enough to make this thing work right, and I think we definitely have to refocus, and this is just a distraction to all those things.

LOWRY: Yes, Rick, now also on the idea that she didn’t know what country was in NAFTA, Steve Biengun, who was in that briefing, who was giving her a briefing on Latin American trade issues prior to the Univision interview, says that was a snippet of one question taken out of context, and it’s absurd.

Now on the clothes, Rick, can we just be clear? My understanding is she goes to the convention in St. Paul, and she’s basically in a hotel the entire time. It’s not as though she’s going to clothes outlets selecting these clothes.
    This stuff is brought in for her.

DAVIS: Yes.

LOWRY: Is that correct?

DAVIS: Well, Rich, you know those things are pretty busy, and that’s exactly correct. I mean I don’t think she’s been in a store since this campaign started with her three months ago, and you know, these are things that other people have assumed that she was going to need.

Most of this stuff she hasn’t even used and will be going back, and it’s exactly what we told everybody a month and a half ago when the first issue arose, so what I don’t really understand is what’s the focus on that?

I mean, you know, look, I’m not going to sit there and say wow, in is really sexist in the sense that, you know, if this were a man, and we were having this discussion, nobody would care.

You know the idea that this is…

LOWRY: Right.

DAVIS: … you know a successful female governor of a state that, you know, very few people have ever been to is probably the root of a lot of these problems.

LOWRY: Right. And the campaign felt as though they needed to outfit her, they brought in a stylist, they brought in a seamstress, they brought in the clothes, because she wasn’t — she didn’t have a stylist in Wasilla, or a seamstress in Wasilla.

So, again, this seems — you know really just to be a smear.

DAVIS: Yes, it’s — ugly, and really there’s no basis for it. There’s absolutely nothing going on with Governor Palin that hasn’t gone on, frankly, with every male candidate for president since the start of politics in the modern era, and the idea that she would be singled out in the process is, I think, unfortunate, but also wrong in the context of what she was able to accomplish as a candidate and what we were able to accomplish as a campaign.

LOWRY: Great. Rick, thanks so much for being with us. Take care.

DAVIS: Thanks, guys.
    ———————–
    Glad Davis either volunteered to take care of this, or maybe was even sent by McCain to put the kabosch on the smears so they didn’t go on all weekend…especially since the stupid talking heads have nothing real to talk about now that the election is over.

98. wobbei, I agree, how to survive. First thing is to start cleaning up the DNC of the dirty democrats. Like the RNC did. Now they’ve lost some of the dirtiest republicans with the recent election, the RNC will now try to pull together to come back and strong. Now it’s up to us to do the same with the Democrats.

99. wbboei said: We can take our case to the … alternative media

==========

First, we need to CREATE an alternative media less corruptable than moveon and Fox have proved to be.

Comments are closed.