Bad bowler Obama is trying to rewrite his own history and that of his wife. Obama is also, again, smearing Hillary Clinton.
Obama and his Chicago mud slinging thugs have been attacking Hillary Clinton all throughout this campaign. Obama has smeared small town America. After smearing “bitter” and “cling” small town America, Michelle Obama and B.O. have waged a campaign of distraction and distortion and disguise. “We’re not elitists” claim the Harvard/Princeton/Rezko duo. “We just paid off our student loans” claim the multimillionaires.
The Obamas often say they would still be in debt if not for his best-selling books, which began to swell the couple’s bank account in 2005. In fact, for some period of time, Michelle Obama tells audiences, the couple’s college loan payments cost them more than their monthly mortgage.
As young lawyers, the Obamas pursued non-profit or public service during much of the 1990s. Obama once said he was so broke when he arrived in Los Angeles for the Democratic National Convention in 2000 that his credit card was rejected when he tried to rent a car.
Still, it’s hard to tell just how broke they were, when and for how long.
Public records paint only part of the financial picture. In 1993 they bought a condominium in Hyde Park for $277,500, paying about $111,000 as a down payment, according to county real estate records.
As for income, they earned a combined household total of slightly more than $240,000 in 2000, according to tax records they have since made public. (Their income fluctuated in that range until 2005, when they reported earning $1.6 million.)
But it’s unclear how much their college loan debts were, and aides to the Obama campaign said last week that they could not immediately provide records to clarify.
However, Michelle Obama graduated from Harvard Law School in 1988 and her husband graduated in 1991, around the time when the school’s dean estimated the cost of a Harvard law degree at $62,200. They both also earned undergraduate degrees from Ivy League schools.
In 2005, though, Obama told the Tribune that royalties from his first book and advances on the next had cleared up his financial difficulties. The family moved into a $1.6 million home.
They moved into the Rezko enabled house. Small town Americans don’t have a Rezko to help with their home purchases.
It’s not enough for Obama to insult then deceive Pennsylvania voters. Desperate Big Spender Obama is now in full Chicago smear mode.
Hillary Clinton exposes Obama as all talk, bad actions:
Hillary is not allowing Obama to deceive the small town voters, or any voter, in Pennsylvania:
“I just heard that my opponent has put up an ad attacking my health care plan, which is kind of curious, because my plan covers everybody and his leaves out 15 million people – just leaves them out in the cold.
“Now, instead of attacking the problem, he chooses to attack my solution.
“I don’t think that we can just make speeches about this – we have to have a plan that we can actually implement that will provide quality affordable health care. That’s what I’ve been fighting for for 15 years, and that’s what I will fight for as your president.”
Obama can’t think on his feet. He fumbled and mumbled at the debate and now, late in the day, he trys the typical Chicago smear. Hillary Clinton calls him out:
A major theme of Sen. Obama on the stump is that Hillary Clinton is running a negative campaign based on “slash and burn politics” and that he represents a break from that kind of politics. In fact, in just the last 48-hours, Sen. Obama has flooded airwaves, radio, phone lines and mailboxes with negative and false attacks against Hillary. This unprecedented barrage coincides with a weak debate performance and Sen. Obama”s slide in the daily Gallup poll.
1. In the most outrageous attack of the campaign, Obama surrogates held a conference call attacking Hillary’s character, claiming she did not have the “moral authority” to lay a wreath on the Tomb on the Unknown Soldier. [Link]
2. Launched a television ad featuring false, negative attacks on Hillary’s health care plan. [Link]
3. Distributed negative mail about Hillary’s trade positions, complete with citations even Sen. Obama has acknowledged have been debunked. [Link]
4. Flooded voters with robocalls saying Hillary will “say anything” to win.
Not content to merely smear long-time, experienced, Democrat Hillary Clinton, Obama today praised Republican John McCain:
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Sunday that Republican rival John McCain would be better for the country than President Bush has been over the past eight years.
“You have a real choice in this election. Either Democrat would be better than John McCain,” Obama said to cheers from a rowdy crowd in central Pennsylvania. Then he said: “And all three of us would be better than George Bush.” [snip]
Obama was trying to argue that he is the better choice over Democratic rival Hillary Rodham Clinton in Tuesday’s primary in Pennsylvania. But the Illinois senator ended up mixing in praise for McCain at the same time.
The comment threatened to undercut Obama’s efforts – and those of the entire Democratic Party – to portray the GOP presidential nominee-in-waiting as nothing more than an extension of Bush’s unpopular tenure. At the very least, it provides fodder Republicans can use to prop up McCain.
Big Media in the quote above tries once again to WORM (What Obama Really Meant) Obama out of his stupid statement. Obama just can’t think on his feet so his Big Media protectors are working overtime.
Pennsylvania voters will see Hillary today and tomorrow across the state:
- 04/20: Join Hillary for a “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Rally in Bethlehem!
- 04/20: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Millvale!
- 04/20: Join Hillary and Congressman John Murtha for a “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Rally in Johnstown!
- 04/20: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Milford!
- 04/20: Join Hillary for a “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Rally in State College!
- 04/20: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Tobyhanna!
- 04/20: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Essington!
- 04/21: Join Hillary for a “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Homecoming Rally in Scranton!
- 04/21: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Greensburg!
- 04/21: Join Hillary and President Bill Clinton for a “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Rally in Pittsburgh!
- 04/21: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Arnold!
- 04/21: Join Hillary for a “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Rally in Harrisburg!
- 04/21: Join President Clinton for a “Solutions for America” Event in Ebensburg!
- 04/21: Join Hillary, President Bill Clinton, and Chelsea for an Election Eve “Solutions for Pennsylvania” Rally in Philadelphia!
Hillary responded to Obama’s smears today. Pennsylvania’s “bitter” and ‘clingy’ voters will reply to Obama’s smears on Tuesday.